Mossberg tactical 22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by bwalka, Feb 3, 2012.

1. bwalka

bwalka New Member

I got on of these today. Anybody have any idea what ammo this gun likes. I usually shoot hollow points or cheap bulk stuff. Do they work with the Winchester m 22 value packs

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

All you can do is what most of us have done. Purchased a box of everything and give them a try to see what your particular rifle likes.

3. nnola1

nnola1 New Member

I've had mine since about November and it seems to like the winchester 500 count bulk pack ammo fine now. At first I was having a problem with it jamming and also couldn't put all 25 rounds in the clip. After 150 or so rounds through it everything works fine now. I can fill the clip all the way and haven't had any jams since. I also shoot some winchester subsonic rounds through it. It feeds those ok most of the time. Every once in a while it'll fail to cycle one but I think that's cause they aren't a heavy enough load.

4. kylebh06

kylebh06 New Member

I've been thinking about buying one if those just wondering if you have got a chance to shoot it yet and if you have what you think?

5. bwalka

bwalka New Member

Yes I've shot it. I shot federal champion 40 grain and remmington thunderbolt. It loves the federals but thunderbolts not so much

6. bwalka

bwalka New Member

Buy it if u have a chance and good price

7. bigErc

bigErc New Member

the gun shop here has the 715t for $295 I am trying to decide between it and a ruger 10/22.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  8. bwalka

bwalka New Member

Go with the mossberg their bad to the bone. Only thing I don't like about mine is that the rail/carry handle isn't detachable

9. bigErc

bigErc New Member

ok that is the one I was leaning towards any way.

10. bigErc

bigErc New Member

the only reason I was thinking about the ruger is because it is $217 instead of $295.

11. TooStrongTerry

TooStrongTerry New Member

Honestly though...is it REALLY worth it? I heard they look and feel cheap? U have any pics? I'm thinking of getting one cause my 10/22 is a POS in my opinion. Did it jam at all? (Dont remember if you answered that lol)

@TooStrongTerry

12. bigErc

bigErc New Member

it looks ok to me, the looks would be the only reason I would buy it I would rather get a 10/22 but I would spend an extra couple hundred bucks to make it look this way.

Attached Files:

13. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Itsa 702 action in a build-up to look like an M4...so you'll get the same 702 issues...
    best handled by polishing the action & bolt for reliability...ala Goldenloki's Keltec semi-auto reliability tips.
    They work for any semi-auto...especially the cheap ones ;)
    http://www.goldenloki.com/gunsmith/keltec/fullrp.htm

14. bigErc

bigErc New Member

good to know, the stock on the 715 is fully adjustable, I will be looking into the 702 to see if there is enough wrong with it to keep me from buying a 715 and just get a 10/22.

15. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Heck, I'd skip the 1022 and go straight to the Colt M4 OPS tactical...
    if you're going to cough up $500 for a kit 1022/M4 clone, might as well get the real thing for the same cash.

16. bigErc

bigErc New Member

I am looking to get a good used 10/22 or 715t and spend around $100 but I think I will have to get really lucky to find one for around that price.

17. TooStrongTerry

TooStrongTerry New Member

Ill sell u my 10/22 for 100 with a 4x32 simmons scope already mounted

@TooStrongTerry

18. bigErc

bigErc New Member

I will let you know, right now I don't have my foid card. I will talk to my uncle but he may already know where I can get what I want thanks.

19. losack

losack New Member

I own the mark 11 tactical bolt action great gun with great heft. It feels like a man's gun.

I also recently purchased a Talo 10/22 from my dealer thru Lippsey's.

Fully decked out with threaded barrel and AR type stock. $250.00 OTD. I couldn't build one for that.

Both great products.

20. scottux

scottux New Member

I just bought one of these with the 25 round magazine and it jammed every 2nd or 3rd round. The problem is definitely the clip. Mine had one side of the top a bit longer than the other, there was a little nib of extra metal there. Once I filed it down lightly to get both sides even, it has now shot 200 rounds (CCI, and a few various Remington cartridges) without jamming ONCE. I didn't even have to file much, but it was just enough to cause FTEs.