Mossberg Speedfeed stock...thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by CHLChris, Feb 23, 2011.

1. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

I am looking at buying a parkerized 590A1, in particular, the 51668 for home defense. 3 more rounds for only 2 extra inches is really hard to beat!

[​IMG]

It has the 4-shell speedfeed stock. The 51663 is the same gun without the speedfeed.

Anybody actually use the speedfeed and like it? Dislike it? Is an elastic sidesaddle just as good or even better? Seems like a $30 difference.

2. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

My 2 cents are a regular 590 is a bit cheaper, a side saddle is 30 bucks and takes about 3 mins to put on, as far as the sites go for HD a bead is perfect, theres no need for ghost ring sites. with a side saddle you can change out your stock to adjust your fit to the gun and not have to worry about spending extra cash for a stock your not going to end up using, and besides a saddle can hold up to 8 rnds but i suggest the tac star 6 shell holder. no need to splurge on a 590A1 with speed feed stock. Heck tell you what i dont live to far away from you, i got a extra 590 about 2 months old and iv taken it to the range once, ill give you a pretty good discount, and it already has a side saddle installed, i have enough shotguns, i dont mind giving one up. if you wana meet up or want me to email you picks of it just PM me, no its not the one below, that one is my baby,

Edited because i have been up all night and cant spell at the moment.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011

3. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Sounds like a hell of a deal!

I have a speed feed on mine, I haven't used it in a real world event, But I have put in a few rounds and tried it out, I like it, It can launch the shell about 6 feet away, Like I did the first time I tried it, But now that I know I shouldn't do it again, They are held in there quite well, I don't ever see one falling out, I have never handled a side saddle, So I cant compare myself, I liked the 590A1 I bought.
    Best of luck

4. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

Leme know if you got my PM, i dont think its sending them.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

I have that 6 shell side saddle and like it for my HD gun (mine is an uuuuuuugly Mossy 500 from the time before removable chokes).

6. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Got your PM

Yep, kricket! Thank you for your service to our country!