Firearms Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Mossberg 590A1
I've been trying to field strip it to clean it (for the first time)

I know HOW to do it, but the pin that holds the trigger assembly in is extremelyyyy hard to get out. Should it be this hard or am I doing something wrong?

I have the pump halfway down and the barrel out. The next step is to remove that pin. I've seen it done a thousand times but this is the first time I've done it on my mossberg. That pin is EXTREMELY hard to get out. Before I go hammering away I want to see if I'm doing anything wrong.

I watch people on YouTube do it and it comes out extremely easy for them. I'm following the user manual an everything. This is such a pain.
Should it be THAT hard to get out? I literally need a hammer?
I'm
Thinking it's really hard because its the first time it's being broken down...maybe???

Thanks,

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mountainman13 said:
Push from left to right and wiggle the trigger assembly. It should push right out.
That's the problem. It's not.
But I should be pushing FROM the side of the ejection port side TO the left side of the gun, right?

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
I've alwayd had to tap 'em. Put Duct Tape over the receiver first and then tap thru it -- save yourself a skidder mark!

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I have a Mossberg 590A1
I've been trying to field strip it to clean it (for the first time)

I know HOW to do it, but the pin that holds the trigger assembly in is extremelyyyy hard to get out. Should it be this hard or am I doing something wrong?

I have the pump halfway down and the barrel out. The next step is to remove that pin. I've seen it done a thousand times but this is the first time I've done it on my mossberg. That pin is EXTREMELY hard to get out. Before I go hammering away I want to see if I'm doing anything wrong.

I watch people on YouTube do it and it comes out extremely easy for them. I'm following the user manual an everything. This is such a pain.
Should it be THAT hard to get out? I literally need a hammer?
I'm
Thinking it's really hard because its the first time it's being broken down...maybe???

Thanks,
I have the same shotgun. When I fieldstrip mine I use a punch to tap out the pin. That's all it takes.

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
I think without the pin that shotgun can be fired under water but carefully read the instructions to see if that's approved first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts