Mossberg shotgun HELP!

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by GoGlockOrGoHome, Apr 5, 2013.

1. GoGlockOrGoHome

GoGlockOrGoHome New Member

I have a Mossberg 590A1
    I've been trying to field strip it to clean it (for the first time)

I know HOW to do it, but the pin that holds the trigger assembly in is extremelyyyy hard to get out. Should it be this hard or am I doing something wrong?

I have the pump halfway down and the barrel out. The next step is to remove that pin. I've seen it done a thousand times but this is the first time I've done it on my mossberg. That pin is EXTREMELY hard to get out. Before I go hammering away I want to see if I'm doing anything wrong.

I watch people on YouTube do it and it comes out extremely easy for them. I'm following the user manual an everything. This is such a pain.
    Should it be THAT hard to get out? I literally need a hammer?
    I'm
    Thinking it's really hard because its the first time it's being broken down...maybe???

Thanks,

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Push from left to right and wiggle the trigger assembly. It should push right out.

3. GoGlockOrGoHome

GoGlockOrGoHome New Member

That's the problem. It's not.
    But I should be pushing FROM the side of the ejection port side TO the left side of the gun, right?

4. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

Get some penetrating oil on it , and then do what the other are saying. Try punching it out from both sides.

5. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I've alwayd had to tap 'em. Put Duct Tape over the receiver first and then tap thru it -- save yourself a skidder mark!

6. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I have the same shotgun. When I fieldstrip mine I use a punch to tap out the pin. That's all it takes.

7. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Your Military left, left to right................

8. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

I think without the pin that shotgun can be fired under water but carefully read the instructions to see if that's approved first.

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

TOWARDS the ejection port. THAT is the right side.