MOSSBERG shockwave?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by hawkguy, Jan 1, 2018.

1. youngridge

youngridge Active Member Supporter

Just another novelty firearm

2. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Just some food for thought for a few of the "I don't see the point." crowd.

While I can have a concealed pistol, loaded, in my vehicle under my LTCF, as well as any registered NFA item, long guns are not to be carried in that manner, in this state. So, I can't keep a Stebens 320, M870, or full size M88 in the car, ready to de deployed. for those cases though, something like the Shockwave or Tac-14 would work, as it IS counted as a handgun here, it can legally be carried in a vehicle, or concealed on the body.

And yes, an Ar\AK pistol is also an option, as is a Mare's leg, but once you start talking about 5.56 and 7.62 options, penetration, and distance also become issues to watch, where 00 Buck or a slug, not so much.

I have shot both in 12 ga, still haven't seen either in 20 as of yet, and chances are, I'll wait for one ot come up on the used market, as a beside the seat option, or a back of the seat option in the truck, bringing it back inside once i get home, for more than a few reasons. Doing so is not good for the long term health of a firearm, not to mention the odds of it getting stolen are higher there, than inside in the safe when not in use.

And yes, i would go for the Shockwave, not the Tac-14. just like the furniture better between the two.

hawkguy, Dallas53 and youngridge like this.

3. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Hey if you want one and can afford one or two what the hell go for it!
    What do you care what we think? Community or not meeting up is unlikely at best and even if you do it's a moment in time!

kfox75, hawkguy and MisterMcCool like this.
  4. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

make no mistake, in the end its my money and I WILL decide on the purchase myself, regardless of anyone else's opinion.

but I requested the opinion of the board because it always presents some information and view points that I didn't consider. this is especially important to me when I am already "on the fence" a bit about a potential purchase.

something comes out I am crazy about and gotta gotta have it.....well, only a discussion with my bank teller is required. :p

5. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

well if you were going to follow that line of thought, then why even bother with having a forum in the first place? seem like a huge waste of time and energy on many people's part if we are going to to think that way.

i kind of thought a forum was about sharing information. i guess i was wrong again. oh well. shame on me for sharing my viewpoints.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  6. Pasquanel

I'm unclear as to why you thought that was directed at you? The op asked for opinions and he received many. My intended point was sometimes you just have to yield to the impulse.
    He is clearly interested and they are not big money so go for it who cares what others think.

Some years ago I bought a Magnum Research Lone Eagle in .358 Winchester it seemed like a good idea at the time. You could drop your deer and light your campfire with the same shot! It was a hoot and my buddies all wanted to try it usually only once. Lost interest after a while and sold it.

MisterMcCool and kfox75 like this.
  7. kfox75

As Pas' reply was right under my post, I'll admit that I did, for a second, wonder who it was meant for. Me or Hawk.

Fird a couple .358 wins over the years. Fun caliber, even more fun to watch the "I want to try it out." crowd.

8. Pasquanel

It was intended for the OP, a what the hell moment! You can always sell it later.

hawkguy, MisterMcCool and kfox75 like this.
  9. kfox75

Yep, that's the conclusion I came to.

hawkguy likes this.
  10. hawkguy

understood, pasq! no offense was taken from your post, I was just explaining why I sometimes seek info here. as said, i'm definitely on the fence on this one....and anytime you a talking more than a bill, it is significant money to my broke arse! :p

no need for any drama, gents! most of us have wives and GF's already! :D

kfox75 likes this.
  11. Pasquanel

Wifes and GF's ?? Lucky you!

You should keep the Shockwave hidden.....just saying.

kfox75, hawkguy and MisterMcCool like this.
  12. Pasquanel

I was just quoting the man.

hawkguy and MisterMcCool like this.
  13. hawkguy

THE man? why yes....yes I am. ;)

ok, ok....wives OR GF's! having both is even more drama than a firearms board!

kfox75 and MisterMcCool like this.