Mossberg ROAD BLOCKER

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Mark F, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

This is my newest addition to my shotgun collection. I can't wait to fire it...

"Mossberg 500 ROAD BLOCKER"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

3. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

That 12 Gauge is going to feel like a .410 with that oversized compensator....lol.

Speaking of, are you compensating as well??????????????

:D

4. Mark F

It ain't good for much... but great conversation piece.

5. Mark F

I got around to shooting this beast. The Barrett style muzzle break really works! It is a bit heavy on the front but I got used to it quickly. It has minimal recoil and barrel rise even with the hottest loads. The muzzle break seems to work best with slugs.

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

A lame-O rendition of the original "Road Blocker". Ithaca Mag-10 w/20"bbl

7. GaryThePilot

GaryThePilot New Member

What this beast set you back?

I'm searching for a perfect home defense gun/ fun gun/ backwoods backpacking gun/ and something that will serve me well in our coming civil war. I currently have a Springfield XD 40 on standby for all the above. Ive been shooting for 5 years now and haven't moved beyond my 2 plinkers and the xd. What you think of this as an option for what Im looking for? I dont know much about shotguns/ rifles. With a decent foldable stock for portability and a picatinny rail to hold my insight laser/ light, it seems like a cool option. And it looks bad *** to boot.:cool:

8. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Get this brand of shotgun (Mossberg), but don't get this model....lol.

It looks "tacticool", but there is no need for a compensator that big on a 12 gauge. It's a gimmick, so just stick with the standard model 500.

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

If you get a "compensator" like that.....What are you compensating for?

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

You guys do relize that they are also putting the SAME MUZZLE BREAK on to a 22lr.
    Untitled8.jpg

11. Mark F

It's a novelty...

12. Mark F

Right up there with the Desert Eagle and Corvette...

13. XD dude

XD dude New Member

Why is everybody hating on the Road Blocker? If someone likes it they like it. Besides, who said everything has to be practical? Are flames painted on a truck practical? No, people just like the way they look. Needless to say, I dig the Road Blocker.

14. DonnyKC

DonnyKC New Member

i think it would look alot better on a mossberg with a stock. the cruiser dont look right with a .50 caliber suppressor

15. Seanml89

Seanml89 New Member

If i had a couple million dollars this could maybe sit in my curio cabinet next to my $7,000 desert eagle kit with 3 6" and 3 10" barrels. However since I dont even have a couple hundred to blow I'de stick with the normal 500 or 590

16. Don Shotta

Don Shotta New Member

I have a Mossberg 500 Cruiser and wanted to outfit it with this type of Brake. However...I can not find it anywhere! I have emailed Mossberg Corporate and nobody has responded yet. Any suggestions as to where I may be able to find such a thing?

17. Don Shotta

Don Shotta New Member

Besides just being Tacti-Cool I have heard rumors that it does actually help compensate. Have you heard any feedback good, bad, or otherwise?

18. Mark F

This is my "conversion" Mossy. With the exception of the Bushnell Holosight, I have about $175.00 invested, including the shotgun.

Attached Files:

19. Mark F

The brake is only available on the Road Blocker shotgun right now. I was told (by Mossberg) their may be barrels with the brake available for sale next year.

20. GaryThePilot

GaryThePilot New Member

I called Mossberg and they said it was temporarily recalled for safety reasons. MSRP is $490. Hey XD Dude... why not flames on the gun! Maybe some skulls too?. Huh huh cool cool huh huh cool... :cool:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009