Firearms Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So went to pick up a cerakote slide today and they had an old mossberg 46 for sale. Looks like the one below without a scope. The ammo tube needs some work, and the safety does NOT work. Blue is in good shape.
They are asking $300. I have zero idea what these are worth, or how difficult parts would be to locate. Seems like a nice fixer though. Thoughts?
Wood Sleeve Writing implement Natural material Shotgun

·
Administrator
26,665 Posts
Confirmed Mossbergaholic here. Damn things are addictive- got about 2 dozen, I think they multiply when you turn off the lights in the gun safe.

I would consider $300 to be rather high, would go for $200 for an excellent specimen, but I'm a Cheap Chollie.

If you get into Mossys, you will need to bookmark this website: Havlin Sales & Service - Mossberg Gun Parts

Victor and Cheryl Havlin are THE go-to folks for anything Mossberg. Besides being very nice folks to deal with, they run the Mossberg Collector's Association. Victor used to work for Mossberg, and literally wrote the book on them.

Rectangle Textile Wood Cosmetics Font

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
So went to pick up a cerakote slide today and they had an old mossberg 46 for sale. Looks like the one below without a scope. The ammo tube needs some work, and the safety does NOT work. Blue is in good shape.
They are asking $300. I have zero idea what these are worth, or how difficult parts would be to locate. Seems like a nice fixer though. Thoughts?
View attachment 246030
The $ is only worth .50 right now so it's 1/2 price ! :p

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks C3, that's kind of what I felt like too. Sure would be a nice project, if it were selling for project prices. I might go back and see if they will bargain, but yeah, $200 probably my ceiling considering today's market.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts