Mossberg maveric or something

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by janeitzel, Oct 9, 2012.

1. janeitzel

janeitzel New Member

Has anyone fired this gun only $179 at Dick sporting goods and Walmart. Tried the pump and it seemed to feel very good.

2. Oblivion9

Oblivion9 New Member

Its a mossberg 500 clone. Heard good things.

I'm not quite ready to buy yet. When I am I will get either maverick 88 or pardner pump. Whichever is on sake when I'm ready.

3. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Great gun for the price.

4. jnhfrahm

jnhfrahm New Member

Yep I bought a pardner 20 gauge pump and it has fired over 200 rounds with out any problems.

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the Maverick M88 is made by Mossberg and is an economy version of the M500. pretty decent shotgun for the price and most accessories for the M500 will fit the M88. i have one currently and have owned two others and never had any issues with any of them.

6. janeitzel

janeitzel New Member

Thanks for the info, I'll keep this gun in mind

7. longunner

longunner New Member

I will always recommend a M88 to anyone debating it...great gun for the money.

8. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

^^This^^ is the way I feel about the M88. I had one for close to 20 years with almost no issues at all. The only problen I ever had was a minor binding issue with the fore end (mine had a single bar fore end, the newer ones have a double bar now, I think), and I had to smooth out the action bar and reblue it afterwards. The only reason I got rid of it was that a friend of mine offered me a Remington 870 in trade. The Maverick fit him better, and the 870 fit me better. That old M88 bagged atleast 10 deer, an uncountable amout of small game animals, and several perfect skeet and trap sesions in the years I owned it. Now it is doing the same for him. If you like the shotgun, buy it and enjoy it.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  9. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

IMO, the Maverick M88 pump shotgun is decent shotgun and a dang good value. personally i like mine.

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I've had i think 6- never a problem- best buy on a pump out ther IMO :cool: