mossberg general discusion

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by deathkricket, May 21, 2009.

1. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

Just got into guns, have a moss 500 and 590, have them both decked out but just looking for new ideas , post your gun pics if you want.

2. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

mossberg

here are my to babys

Attached Files:

3. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

Ill try to get some pics of a few of my favorites tomorrow. You wanting to see shotguns only or rifles too?

4. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

all gun pics are welcome

show em all

5. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

OHGODNO! It's a barrel shroud! Call the BATFE!

Gun looking guns man, how do you like that stock on the first gun?

Is that a bayonet lug on the 2nd?

6. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

On the 500 is the knoxx spec opp recoil reduceing adjestible stock
    i must say it makes 3in magnums feel like bird shot and cuts barrel rise almost completly very nice indeed, on the 590, ya its the factory bayanet lug
    sometime in the future i am going to pick up the bayonet for it, i ran across a gun shop that sells them.

7. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Where!?!? I thought it was the shoulder thing that goes up?:confused::confused::confused:
    :D

8. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

:D well just consider every grasping handel a barrel shroud

9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

[​IMG]

I need one of those things that go up. When I get the heetseeking rounds I'll really be in business!!

Nice mossy's. :cool:

10. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

I love the old timey "trench gun" look of the 590 with the lug and shroud but retaining the wood furniture.

11. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

OK grasshopper here are some of my favorite "tinker" toys:D

First my Stevens .22 mod 87a. I bought this one at a flea markett in a box. All the peices were there but some have been hacked and I had to rebuild them.
    [​IMG]

Next is my Stevens .270 Mod 200. I bought this one new, have started getting a wood stock for it, I hate the plastics:D
    [​IMG]

12. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

Now My Revalation .410. Started tinkering on this one when I bought it off a friend for 40 bucks. I have been carving the stock with nothing but chisles. No guides or patterns, Just another one of my projects:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

thoes are some nice gun, and 40 bucks for the 410 is a good buy, that pattern looks relly nice, what are your plans for the pattern to finish it if it aint already and what color is the wood finish on it?

14. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

on the grip of the .410 I will be checkering the raised portions, on the buttstock I am inletting some mahogany or other wood into the area behind the trigger guard and on the sides. I am looking for the wood, want a darker than the cheep walnut that the stock is and a different grain structure.

I know it is not the best of work, but I am trying to do it all with chisels, no sand paper or power tools of any sort, and I am not using any guides or patterns. trying to freehand it all.

As far as the checkering I am thinking I will so with a 21lpi and fade it to a skip line on the outer edges. I am not really sure what I will do yet, just going with what pops into my head at the moment:cool:

15. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

that will look relly nice, keep me posted with pics cant wait to see how it turns out man.

16. Succinct

Succinct New Member

Purchased this nice 12-gauge 500 "Persuader" last week, my first-ever S/G and first gun in many years. I love it, cannot wait to test fire it (lots of times!). :) Just joined this forum, and am already planning my next gun purchase...

[​IMG]