Mossberg/ Duck commander shotguns

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by jpattersonnh, Jan 3, 2014.

1. nchunt101

nchunt101 New Member

I am glad Mossburg is sticking by them but the Duck Commanders' endorsement deal jumping is sorta funny. First it was Browning then Benelli and now Mossturd. In the show you see them use A-5s most of the time. I admit I preferred the Benelli ad the most. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS-VYNZhBUk[/ame] For your viewing pleasure

2. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Not interested in a camouflage gun. I have a hard enough time keeping up with a regular wood finished gun.

3. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Just goes to show celebrity endorsements are just bought and paid for. I don't fault the Robertsons for jumping on the money wagon. Remember all the big Hollywood "stars" pimping everything from aspirin to mortgages.

4. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Don't forget left wing politics! The rich suck, but they are what?

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

"Mossberg reports that the pistol and one of the rifles are designed like military weapons with large capacity magazines that hold at least 25 rounds. Meanwhile, the rifle has features that resemble an assault rifle's, but is only a low .22 caliber-weapon."

Only a 22 caliber, what the heck do they think the AR shoots. Typical Anti-gun write-up.

6. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

While I am glad to see a company standing behind any American who is willing to express his conservative views, i myself will not be rushing out to buy a Duck Commander edition firearm. I just refuse to pay more for a package or a name. $400 for a $300 shotgun just because of a "name brand" finish just never made sense to me.

I also never got why some folks would pay more for the "Zombie" edition they also have out. that's just me, YMMV.

7. colmustard

colmustard New Member

They signed on with mossberg like 5 months ago, they are just now showing some of the ideas they are coming out with. I think it is cool, been wanting a 930 for a little while, maybe I will go with the duck commander version?

8. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

The Mossberg 718 is the AR 22LR clone that is Getting the "Treatment." They are also releasing an AR pistol version....

9. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i wish them luck and glad to see they are being supported by the firearms industry. i won't be rushing out to buy one, but do hope they do well in selling them.

10. trip286

trip286 New Member

Willie has been on record as saying...

"We know this tidal wave of fame and money is going to end. I give it maybe 3 years. So why wouldn't we make money while we can? And do so by the best way we can, by being us?"

If anyone really has a problem with that, then oh ****ing well.

If makers of t-shirts, guns, cups, bandanas and all kind of other stuff want to slap their name on it, and charge a premium... As long as people are paying that premium, customers are happy, and the makers and endorsers are happy, who should give a flying ****? It's called capitalism.

I understand NOT wanting to buy it for the mark up to add the Robertson name... I'm not going to buy one either, not at a premium price for their endorsement. But I damn sure don't have a problem with them making money off of it.

11. Axxe55

exactly. like i said, i am not going to rush out and buy one, but i wouldnt begrudge anyone who did and i find not a bit a fault in them trying to make a buck either off their name and fame.

if i could slap my name on some T-shirts, caps and cups and make a few bucks, you can bet your last dollar i would be all over it!:p

12. glocknloaded

glocknloaded New Member

Ditto.........

13. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I wonder will the Gays demand that Mossberg makes them a shotgun? Say like the "Ellen DeGeneres Dominatrix",.:rolleyes:

14. Axxe55

that's just disgusting! why not have a Rosie O'Donnell version too!:mad:

15. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

You couldn't disgrace any firearm with Rosie O'Donell's name, it would have to be a cheap silverware set or maybe a new and morbidly fattening snack food :eek:

16. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

The only gun ugly enough to have her name on it is probably a Glock. :D

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

That made me smile :D

Just looked at the mossy website. $560 for a DC 500.

Sorry. When you can pick up a Remmy 870 or Mossy 500 at a pawn shop for as little as $200 in some cases, and up to the highest price I've seen on a used Mossy 500 of $350... Not a snowball's chance in hell I'd pay that much for a 500. Just just because it has the duck commander logo and "Faith, Family, Ducks" engraved on the receiver.

If you look at their site though, I never knew that their 500's had received a facelift. Looks like most or all of them have sling swivel studs and drilled/tapped receivers. Never saw the point in putting a sight system on a shotgun myself, but some folks do.

18. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

I imagine the GLAAD model to be lavender, aromatic gunpowder, maybe a bullpup model.

I'd certainly pay the markup on a DC before one with lime green zombie graphics belched across the stock.

19. deg

deg Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I admit, some things I do pay a little extra for if it does or can do a couple of things 1) give the endorser financial gain, assuming I support them of course (i.e. the NRA) or 2) show support to a cause that is under attack by the left, and this could very well be a group such as the Robertson’s.
    So, let’s take a successful group like the Robertson’s. They have done very well and I am very happy for them, for the most part they are – “one of us”…Pro 2nd Amendment – right? Why would I want them to fail? But they are successful now, so I may not be as inclined to spend the extra money because it is endorsed by them as I may have in their beginning stages.