Firearms Talk banner

Mossberg Chainsaw

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Bullhammer83 
#1 ·
I got to take this thing to the range finally. I did and didn't like the over the top "chainsaw" handle. The forward grip I installed seemed to work a little better. I think I'll be taking off the pistol grip and adding a tactical stock to it as well. But all in all some good 250 rounds and a sore wrist was good fun. Shredded targets and some improvements will be perfect.

#5 ·
how does that attachment function while aiming? :confused:
I don't think that gun is exactly meant for aiming. It's more of a spray and pray gun going by the looks of it. I do like that nasty looking flash hider though. :D

#7 ·
Many years ago I purchase my first shotgun to practice with for my planned law enforcement career. It was a pistol grip and because it was I decided I needed to learn how to be proficient in both regular shooting and hip shooting. I actually could blast a soda can at 15 to 20 feet with no problem. Even so, I still don't see the use of that handle. It would throw off the aim of even a hip shot.

This particular Mossberg just seems too specialized.

#8 ·
I think it's meant for when door breaching, to help hold it when jamming the muzzle next to the lock or door knob. I forgot what show I saw it on that said that. Maybe the one with terry crews and Tom palin? Stars earn stripes or whatever
I don't think that gun is exactly meant for aiming. It's more of a spray and pray gun going by the looks of it. I do like that nasty looking flash hider though. :D
Yes it's supposed to be for door breaching. Lets you hold it better for the angles and give you better forward push into the door. I would not shoot it just by holding that handle as it kicks your wrists butt lol
Ah well that answers that ... seems about as sensible as the slidefire stock :eek: But, if it works for you and makes you happy, kudos :)

#9 ·
I can't seem to look at those pictures without one eyebrow cocked. How am I supposed to watch youtube videos of idiots smacking their faces silly with pistol grip shotguns, if Mossberg goes and tosses a friggin chainsaw grip over top of em? Answer me that internets, answer me that.

#10 ·
I can't seem to look at those pictures without one eyebrow cocked. How am I supposed to watch youtube videos of idiots smacking their faces silly with pistol grip shotguns, if Mossberg goes and tosses a friggin chainsaw grip over top of em? Answer me that internets, answer me that.
Staying off utube has been shone to raise your IQ ;)

#14 ·
It is one of the more useless contraptions I have seen. I have been in all sorts of situations I have had to breach 0 doors. All I can see is that handle stopping the gun from functioning and blocking the shooters view. Another stupid idea from YouTube.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.