Mossberg Bug bit me AGAIN!

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by c3shooter, Jul 3, 2008.

1. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Went to my smith to pick up my 44US (and JM- Thanx for the info on the 44US!) My smith did a very nice D&T job, scope mounted, and will be on the firing line at opening time in the morning. HOWEVER- just before I left, my smith said "If you like old Mossbergs, I have one in some guns I just took in on consignment." Opened his vault, and pulled out a very nice Model 46B (b). Very clean. Made 1947-1949. And 15 minutes earlier, my daughter had just repaid a small loan I had made her- the cash was sitting next to a copy of my C&R license in my wallet. 2 minutes later, $150, signed a copy of my license for my smith, and walked out to the Jeep with my TWO Mossbergs. Oh yeah- Tommorrow is range day fer shure! (its too late for me, save yourself, am up to 10 Mossbergs now!);)

Next day: back from the range. SWEET ! The 46B shoots where you point it, feeds flawlessly. The 44 US makes 5 rd cloverleafs at 50 meters off the bench. Life is GOOD!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2008
    Danwin22, Wambli, Dallas53 and 2 others like this.
  2. c3shooter

Jack- that was from 2008. 10 years later, it is about 2 dozen vintage Mossys.

But I can quit any time I want to. :confused:o_O

Yeah, that's the ticket- any time I want to. Yeah......

3. Jack Ryan

Jack Ryan Well-Known Member

Well, I wanted to see if there was ever a thread on them before and it look like I had a LOT of company but they must all be dead by now since I could only post in one thread.

So I started another one.

ROTFL!

Soon as I DISCOVER what a fantastic bargain they are, the price of them all over Indiana sky rocketed. I've got that one and a Wards Western version. One with a big scope on it and the other set up with irons and peep. Really LOVE those irons even with my old diabetic cataracts.

Wambli, Dallas53 and towboater like this.
  4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

5. c3shooter

Just wait until you are try to restore and older Mossy, and need the parts for a front/ rear sight that some Troglodyte removed and discarded. When you see the price, you will learn the shortest verse in the Bible.

"Jesus wept."

And if you have not already discovered them- havlinsales.com

Victor and Cheryl Havlin- all the parts for older Mossberg 22s- and really nice folks to deal with.

6. Jack Ryan

I wish the pictures were still good on that old thread I found from somebody doing the restore work.

Dallas53, towboater and MisterMcCool like this.
  7. Jack Ryan

Yes, BTDT.

Dallas53 likes this.
  8. Jack Ryan

I didn't want to muck up someone else's thread with my own stuff so I started one. I've got a few pics...

Dallas53 and MisterMcCool like this.
  9. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

This guy is fantastic.
    But I don’t know what the letters mean.

10. Jack Ryan

Been There Done That

MisterMcCool likes this.
  11. c3shooter

….and got the T shirt....