Mossberg and Remington

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by akers06, Dec 22, 2012.

1. akers06

akers06 New Member

Why do most people on here act like Mossberg and Remington are the only two manufacturers that make shotguns. I know there are more of these two manufacturers than any other but give me break.....
    I almost dread coming to the shotgun forum anymore because I know what it's going to be

2. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

I know exactly what you mean. And twice a day someone wants help choosing between the two.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

well which should i choose? the Mossberg or the Remington?:eek::D

lets jump into something more suited for discussion, like which came first, the chicken or the egg?:D

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I thought thats what this was about reading the title :confused:

5. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

ok time for my new xmas gun what should i get? needing a 28 ga and i cant decide between a beretta 687(have 12 and 20 already) or a browning citori (have 1 in .410) want to finish my skeet set but need something i can add on to for when the zombies come ie bayonet laser breeching tool ect any ideas? any one know where i can get 28 ga slugs or buckshot? how about dragons breath rounds? thanks in advance for the advice(that i wont listen to)

6. Barney1023

Barney1023 New Member

No but really which one should I get lol JK. I've owned both and the only shot gun that has any value to me is my old Winchester 27a. It was my very first gun and that little 20 killed and WHOLE BUNCH of squirrels.

7. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Well, you elitists can pretend there're others but I'm going for the Mossy 870 or the Rem 500 shotie. And with 00 Buck 'cuz it's the best.

8. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

If you want a great dependable shotgun that shoots great and will not break the bank to buy, get a Weatherby uplander. I got mine in 12 gauge. What a terrific gun!! comes with a set of chokes.

9. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

I believe I saw a combination breaching tool/bayonet mount for a 28 gauge Citori just the other day. The breaching attachments are old hat, but a bayonet mount is a must have for HD. Decision made !!! You can load Dragon's breath loads for any gun. Just fill the case - brim full of course - with a 50/50 mixture of Blue Dot powder and powdered magnesium. Oh, and be sure and use a Magnum primer. The coarser ground magnesium powder carries further. Be sure and video it too !

10. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

get the best SHOTGUN you can. my shotty is for my hotty and life is to short to shoot ugly guns

11. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

thinking about that the barrels already threaded wonder if a high rib will work as a rail?

12. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a simple soloution. Buy both, break them down, and build a completely new gun out of the 2 of them. I can picture it now, The all new and improved Remingberg 1370! Just don't buy that Mossington 812! Those things are junk!:D

13. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

They come up for discussion often because they are the most common.

There are many other godd guns out there, just not in the same quantity that have been on the market as long, and at the same price point.

14. akers06

akers06 New Member

I know it drives me nuts it would be different if they were top of the line and so much better than every thing else but most pumps are in the same category of quality

15. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Trees Virginian -- you forgot to tell them to aim at trees during a drought where there's a lot of dense, dry, underbrush. [Sarcasm Alert, cuz there r clearly some here who won't get it or might just do it!]

16. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I would say because more people can afford Remmy and Mossy.

Personally I love my Browning BPS. It cost a little more, but it was well worth it!

17. john_t_714

john_t_714 New Member

Mossberg 500 Security

18. akers06

akers06 New Member

The bps are great guns I'm just not a big fan of the bottom ejection