Mossberg 702 Plinkster

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by WhiteWolf4, Dec 18, 2008.

1. WhiteWolf4

WhiteWolf4 New Member

Anyone ever had a Plinkster in their arsonal...I like the looks of this rimfire and it's got the look of the Ruger 10/22...What about it gang....WhiteWolf

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

I got a mossberg plinkster and gave it to a buddy who needed a very light squirrel rifle for medical reasons. To begin with, it's FAR from being a 10/22,don't think it'll stay with a ruger 10/22. Except for the godawful trigger pull (which I reworked), it actually suprized us, being reliable and much more accurate than it's pencil thin barrel would have you believe. If you want a cheap light .22 rifle and can't afford a ruger 10/22,I'd choose this 1 over a marlin/glenfield model 60.

3. WhiteWolf4

WhiteWolf4 New Member

Yeah, threw the Maril to my shoulder and I could see the barrel behind the front site...I have a Ruger 10/22....It's fun to shoot but gotta have a scope on it...The old eyes you know...Thanks for the info, dude....I like the way the TC R-55 goes up to the shoulder....Sights lined up and ready to fire....WhiteWolf