Firearms Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a new mossberg 702, i also have a ruger 10 22 and a old bolt action weatherby family heirloom. I had an el cheapo tasco 3x9 scope layin around and figured why not? I set up and sighted the mossberg in at 50 yards and it is absolutely as accurate as my ruger and weatherby if not more! I shot a 20 shot ragged hole that you could lay a quarter over! Bottom line is, for the money, you cannot beat this gun in my opinion.

Anybody out there who have also had a pleasant surprise with this gun? Anybody who hasn't?

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I've got the bolt action model, had it for a while, its been through hell, still iron sights, it'll shoot the balls off a gnat at 50 yards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kytowboater said:
I've got the bolt action model, had it for a while, its been through hell, still iron sights, it'll shoot the balls off a gnat at 50 yards.
I thought about the bolt action but had heard that the bolt can get real finicky. Is that true?

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
rdaddy865 said:
I thought about the bolt action but had heard that the bolt can get real finicky. Is that true?
Nope, never have had an issue with it. I bought mine in 2007.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
to the FTF community. We are glad to have you as a new member!

All you need here is a thick skin and the ability to laugh at anything, including yourself!

Please read the following, it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble:

Please DO NOT post (including in your signature) advertisements, links to sell or advertise if you are not a vendor.

New folks- Please read this!!! << Click Here

FTF Newcomer's Guide << Click Here

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

FTF's List Of Acronyms << Click Here

Join the Gun Owners of America, a worthy 2nd Amendment protector.

Gun Owners of America << Click Here

Please join the NRA, it serves all gun owners well.

Join the NRA << Click Here

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
I had a Mossberg Plinkster that was reliable and fairly accurate. It clipped the nose off every round that cycled through it. So I dumped it and said good bye.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts