Mossberg 590A1 or Kel-Tec Sub 2000?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by PanBaccha, Jan 7, 2012.

1. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I am torn between getting the Mossberg 590A1 and the Kel-Tec Sub 2000.
    Mossberg because it is a good home defense weapon; and Kel-Tec Sub 2000
    because you can fold it and put it in your backpack. What would you get if
    you had a choice between the two. Opinions are greatly welcome.
    :confused:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  2. BCMjUnKiE

BCMjUnKiE New Member

Mossberg 590A1. That's what I would choose. Or you could get the New Kel-Tec KSG and put it in a backpack with 14+1 rounds of OO Buck.

3. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Kel-tec for me,drop the factory stock and get the quad rail stock,put a RDS on it from vortex or primary arms and get some 33rd mags for it. Fold that sucker up in a case And through it behind the seat and you have the ultimate get-home gun in case of emergency.

Good luck finding one now though

4. TekST165

TekST165 New Member

If I could only choose 1....i would go with the 590A1. But if you have plans on picking up a pistol any time soon go with the keltec. Ive not shot one yet, but i have watched numerous reviews, and the gun just plain looks like a blast to shoot. And they have pretty good accuracy out to 100yds. I would recomend however that you pick up the pistol first. Take some time to go to the gunrange rent a couple of pistols and put rounds down range. Most of the ranges that i have been to usualy have a handful of guns available to rent. Nothing beats hands on practical experience.

On a side note, i just picked up a 590.....beast! Love it!

5. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

I would personally get the mossberg. Something tried and true. That and I love the feel, and ergonomics.

6. Mustang

Mustang New Member

Don't like the folding firearms, I see way to much trouble down the road with those. And there were reports about the front sights just being glued on to the Sub2000. Mossberg 590A1 all the way. Sturdy, reliable, proven, the 12 gauge shell options are vast to chose from, you can opt for a bayonet, can be used for home defense, deep hiking/camping trip protection, and if you wanted turkey/deer hunting.