Mossberg 590A1 Heat shield

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by neshyfaith, Aug 22, 2013.

1. neshyfaith

neshyfaith New Member

Can anyone recommend one that will fit?

2. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

This Black Aces heat shield is nice , and it's railed

Attached Files:

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I really do not see the utility of a heat shield. Keep your fingers away from the barrel til it cools off

4. neshyfaith

neshyfaith New Member

Looks sweet but really looking for a basic heat shield.

5. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

The Sheriff is right. I have been using pump shotguns for years. Never needed a heat shield. Also, it adds weight to your shotgun. Kind of beats the purpose of a light, quick aim and fire weapon platform. The less the better.

6. neshyfaith

neshyfaith New Member

I like the appearance of the heat shield. Appreciate the feedback.

7. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

They look Kool.

8. phildenton

phildenton New Member

Does your 590 have a bayo lug?

9. 304inc

304inc New Member

Dam sarge whats that bad boy weighing in at? Not knckin it, its definitely decked out just looks like lil to much weight foward the hands.
    As for heat shields being necessary, ?
    Not on my 870 spent a good hour and a half putting shells on the range floor and never had an issue,, course I didn't have the need to sling it on my back hot.......YMMV!

10. 1911love

1911love New Member

If yours has ghost ring sights, Mossberg says the heat shield won't fit. A member on here a while back said they would with a lot of elbow grease and anger. Mine has ghost rings, I've yet to attempt installation though.

Sgt, I had no idea anyone made a chassis like that for 590s. Is it really heavy like that chassis for the M14?

11. orlando_marquez

orlando_marquez New Member

Very nice. If some guys believe adding this type of rail/heat shield is adding too much weight... they'd be better off not handling a 12 ga. Rail systems like this are designed to make the weapon more custom to the operator. Great set-up!

12. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

Thanks brother.

13. Sgt_Skrb_25

Sgt_Skrb_25 New Member

I'll admit , I got bored and went to town. It added a little weight, but. I'm 6' 3" , 240, and the weight don't bother me, that's why I go to the gym. I have others shotguns if needed.

14. 304inc

304inc New Member

Heavy or not that thing looks ready to handle business. You Made a good point, you have other shotguns for other shotgun needs, this one can be specialized anyway you want it, Where as I only have one 870 right now, so I keep it pretty utility.