mossberg 500

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by AODA, Feb 16, 2012.

1. AODA

AODA New Member

Hello:) New here.My prefered Shotgun is the mossberg 500.Its simple and packs a punch.:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jkl-28

Jkl-28 New Member

Hey AODA welcome to the forum bud!
    That's a nice shotgun, I agree with you about the mossberg 500, that's what I chose as my home defense/tactical shotgun!
    Mine has a full speedfeed stock tho

3. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

I give you mad props for shooting with a pistol grip...

4. AODA

AODA New Member

Thx Buckethead.It doesnt work well without the front grip as well.

5. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Horizontally placed against the Celtic Cross. :)

6. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

I broke my wrist in 09 shot a pistol grip shotgun once. Never doing it again.

7. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

I have a Remington 870 12gauge pump with pistol grips fore and grip, I think that makes a huge difference. When I just had the pistol grip and the factory fore end, it would kick like a mule. When I replaced the foregip with the pistol style,, it spread the recoil between the two hands,, much much better. Its so managable this way my 10 yo son loves to shoot it, and has many times.

8. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

ForumRunner_20120217_181315.jpg

Attached Files:

9. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Love it, simple is the way to go.where did you get the celtic gun rack? You make that or buy it that way?

10. AODA

AODA New Member

Im a freelance artist and i created it.After i bought my shotgun i started looking for a cool gun rack to display it on,and trust me when i say there are NO cool gun racks..i searched the net over looking for something cool.All i could find was boring WOOD racks that have never changed.So i made this one.And before anyone gets offended because i used a CROSS ...let me explain.Im not a very religious person..but i AM very spiritual. To me the cross
    does represent christs sacrifice.But the other side of my mind is telling me the cross is only a crude torture device that has been used for thousands of years to KILL and torture people.So i find it ironic that alot revere it so much. In our history more wars have been started due to RELIGION than any other reason i can think of.

The cross representing religion and the skull representing death caused by it.And a shotgun to represent them both is fitting IMO.

This rack IS for sale on my website.

http://ancientofdaysart.com/

11. lilrichthedragon

lilrichthedragon New Member

I use a model 500 mossberg field for deer hunting using buckshot 00 only. it does the job very well I am happy with and respect the hell out this gun

12. AODA

AODA New Member

I use 00 buck in mine as well,but mine is purely for home defense.

13. lilrichthedragon

it makes an excellent deer gun as well mine has 28in barrel so it not as good for home defense but I have a 45 for that

14. damocles

damocles New Member

I'm thinking of a folding stock for my 500. Any opinions regarding the top fold style?

15. critter

critter New Member

How long have you had that fore grip? I thought of buying that exact same one for my Mossy 500 but read somewhere that they can damage the arms on the pump. You know anything about that?
    All in all, nice looking firearm there.

16. lilrichthedragon

my mossberg

Attached Files: