Mossberg 500 red dot sight?

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by fupuk, Jun 19, 2012.

1. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Ive been looking for a red dot to mount on my shotgun that will hold up to the recoil? Ive never bought a red dot and dont know where to start. Im looking to stay around $250 but willing to go higher if need to. Any suggestions would be great. Everyone i know that had red dots on their firearms tell me they spent $30-50 and i dont know if those will hold up to my 12ga.

Thanks.

2. xcoreyyyx

xcoreyyyx New Member

I got one that I recently acquired that I have yet to try but its on a mossberg 500 12ga. It looks like the guy who had it last may have hunted with it? I looked it up and it looks like the one I have runs for around 75$ new. I think I will be selling it because I don't like it and I figure I will be selling the mossbergs too because I hate the loose action on them. It is a simmons red dot.

3. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Do you know what brand it is?

4. xcoreyyyx

xcoreyyyx New Member

Sorry, I edited my last post right after you responded. It is a simmons red dot. The last guy had it on his and he hunted with it so I am sure that it will hold up to the recoil of it.

5. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I've been running a Bushnell TRS-25 on an AR and also ran it on my .30-30 for a while. It has held up to recoil, drops, a quick dunk in a pond while crossing a beaver dam, and some rain. I bought it with a rebate that brought it to $75.
    Pretty impressed with this little sight so far. I don't have a rail on any of my shotguns, so I haven't tried it on a shotgun yet. Seems like it would make a good turkey sight.

6. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Thanks. Its gonna be more for fun. Im not gonna be hunting with it, only a fun range gun and HD when needed.