Mossberg 500 bead thread size?

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by PowerViolence, Apr 22, 2012.

1. PowerViolence

PowerViolence New Member

I have a mossberg 500 persuader/cruiser, 18.5" barrel. I'm looking to replace the factory bead sight with a tritium sight. Does anyone know the correct thread size?
    I thought it was 6x48 but I keep finding different answers online. Some say its 5x40? Any help?

2. PowerViolence

PowerViolence New Member

Really? No responses. I find that hard to believe since I can find older post with people mentioning replacing there bead sights, yet in NONE of those post they mention the correct thread size. Come on people, some of you know this answer help me out!

Everyone responds to topics named "Mossy 500" ect ect... When someone has a real question, 0 responses.... Unbelievable.

3. akers06

akers06 New Member

I'm not sure on the size but you are right that I can't believe people aren't on here arguing over the 500 and 870 like all the other threads lol.....did you try to look on mossbergs website

4. PowerViolence

PowerViolence New Member

unfortunately they do not list the bead thread size.

5. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

5x40 is the correct answer. I have a 590a1 and just bought a Trijicon bead. 5x40 worked perfectly for me.

6. PowerViolence

PowerViolence New Member

Thank you! Thread closed!