Mossberg .22 tactical

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by JMAtactical, Jul 9, 2012.

1. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

I am putting out feelers and asking for input on this 227 dollar firearm. I am seriously considering such a rifle as i love the six position SOPMOD butt stock and the quad rail system. I want to hear about your exp with this platform and add ons

2. Kdub

Kdub New Member

Do a search quite a bit of info on it. All research I did on it came back pretty positive. Only negative i found was the magazine doesn't just drop out when you push the mag release. You have to pull it out. I almost bought one but went with the m&p 1522 instead. Glad I did. It was more money, but I havent regretted it yet.

3. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Very good sir. I am looking of course at the price tag but i am wondering about the rails mostly and the strength of the over all body. Ill do more research

4. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

We had one for several months no issues with the rails or strength of body. We dressed it up with accessories off my AR with no issues. In the end we only got rid of it when my 13 yr old decided he wanted to go cowboy shooting over tactical. We traded it for a Henry, but I would have had no issues keeping it if that was what he had decided.

5. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

Keep these stories coming yall. I am always very picky when buying. All the guys at work come to me for firearms advice and should i buy or shouldnt I. So it is bad when i buy a gun that sucks lol. I am looking forward to my continued tactical life style and hope to maybe add this weapon to my collection

6. Mightyswol

Mightyswol New Member

Thought about buying one till I held it. Didn't like how it felt so I opted for the ruger 10/22

7. OldEagleEars

OldEagleEars New Member

The 'feel-factor' persuaded me to go for the S&W 15-22. I really like the solidity of the little beast, which is better than the M-16 I was issued in 1968! Though to be honest, the M-16 had been through a couple of guys before me. Any one of them can be a lot of fun to trick-out and at the range.

8. Gunlover38

Gunlover38 New Member

Ive had one of these and it worked great for the price so i say go for it

9. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

So what about it feels cheap or not up to par. Is the rail system good or ****

10. Gunlover38

Gunlover38 New Member

The rail system is good i suggest it. Could you put of picture of it on here?

11. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

I dont own one yet but ill try to download a pic

12. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

It's just not an AR I don't think anyone said it felt cheap its just not got the AR controls and such. The rails are a molded part of the forfend and quite sturdy. If you want an AR looking, fun and reliable little plinker that you can accessorize it works. If you want an AR trainer that is an accurate clone, this isn't it. For us it was fine, my son just decided to try cowboy shooting, I'm glad we started with this one rather than laying out more for the Smith or Colt.

13. JustinM

JustinM New Member

I have one. It is quite a bit lighter than an actual AR as you should expect. The manual push eject and a couple other parts aren't actually parts lol. They are just the shape of it molded into the frame. Adding attachments is super easy. If you are getting a scope you have to add a picatinny rail on top of the carry handle but it's cheap and not at all bulky. It shoots like a champ. I also have a mossberg shotgun that I hunt with and love it too. Great company! It's a great, fun, inexpensive gun. Here's mine, I plan on adding a bipod and a plinker scope.

image-1360689978.jpg

14. JMAtactical

JMAtactical New Member

There must be different models because the one i looked at had no carry sights.. I think i want carry tho

15. dan01

dan01 New Member

The top rifle is a Colt C 4 with a scope mounted on the top of the carrying handle....I like the looks, but with the center line of the scope so far above the bore, you have to play around at what point you want to have your main zero point.

Attached Files:

16. JustinM

JustinM New Member

That and the M&P are "the best" but it's a .22 and most people don't want to spend a bunch of money for a fancy plinker lol. I went to the range today and took my mossberg so my sister and wife could have a little fun. We put about a thousand rounds through it. The last six or seven hundred were rapid fire 25 round clips as fast as we could pull the trigger.(cool range attendants) and literally had zero fte's. When shooting at about fifty yards and actually aiming we had very tight patterns. I love the mossberg not only for the value but it's a quality gun that works like a 22 should.