Firearms Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my first and only shotgun. Mainly for HD , occasional target shooting. Want 18.5" barrel. Want to mount a red-dot scope & a bright(140+ lumens) forend light . Don't think I want a pistol grip. Not sure if I want adjustable stock or not. But a top-notch recoil pad is key !

Oh and can anyone recommend a solid reliable red-dot scope ?

·
Registered
8,033 Posts
Either platform works well for what you want it for.

I like the placement of the safety and bolt release on the Mossbergs.

140 lumens is a lot for in the house. Get what you want, but I tend to like a light in the 90 to 110 lumen range. Otherwise I find it obnoxious, and not just obnoxious for the bad guy.

If you are only going to do one shotgun and want a super reliable sight, go Aimpoint. However with a flashlight and a bead sight you already have a pretty good reliable set-up.

·
Premium Member
11,676 Posts
Find friends who have one of each, and will let you try them out at a range. Then you will know which you prefer. I can't give an opinion either way, as I own both types, and I am happy with both. Either way you will wind up with an excellent HD shotgun, so if possible, try both, then decide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.