Mosins at J & G Sales

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by string1946, Jan 3, 2014.

1. string1946

string1946 New Member

2. Capybara

Capybara New Member

I saw that a week or two ago, that is a good deal. Everyone else who has them has them at $159.00. I paid $159.00 for mine last year from Classic. These are probably from the same batch of Molots, they are like new or at least mine was. Bore is a mirror, wood is brand new looking, very nice rifles and that price is a steal.

3. string1946

string1946 New Member

I just got the email a couple of days ago. I don't need another one but just wanted to put it out there in case someone else want to pick one up.

4. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Classic Arms also has some for pretty cheap too. They will have cosmetic blemishes though.

http://www.classicfirearms.com/c-r-eligible/originalmolotm9130wbayob

5. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

That's not a bad price, neither are the ones from Classic. I think all the ones from JG and Classic (including M44s) are Molots. I've heard only good from JG Sales, they have very good pricing.

6. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

What's up with these Molots? I've only recently started hearing about them. Back when I bought mine, most of the ones available were either Tulas or Izzys

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  7. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

Molot buys Mosins from the Russian government and they go through them all and decosmoline them and do basic repairs and touch ups. Then they put this waxy stuff on them instead of cosmoline. They also brand them with their logo. They basically just get refurbished again and shipped over here. They get them before the importer gets them.

8. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Molot is the factory where the Vepr rifle is made. If they decided to take up prepping the Mosins, that's good business, small but easy money. Not sure who owns it now, but the Kremlin may still have a share.