Mosin Nagant

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by ta1588, May 7, 2011.

1. ta1588

ta1588 New Member

to buy or not to buy? opinions?

2. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Well, what is your intended use?

They're accurate, inexpensive, and milsurp, which I always find to be a fun plus.

Look at it like this, it'll probably cost you less than your last traffic or moving

violation ticket, so if you can keep your nose clean for a few months, and not

get pulled over for speeding or anything, it's like the gun is free...

(and please don't read anything into this, I know NOTHING of your personal driving habits, it's just a cost comparison, that's all)

3. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

Mosin nagants are great fun, people sometimes look at you crazy when you bring em to the range, the shockwave will knock their targets down and if you run out of ammunition they make extremely effective clubs/boat oars and if you have the bayonet than you may not even need ammo, you can just reach anything you would want to kill :D

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

You have a hard time buying a rust encrusted single shot 12 g for the price these are going for RIGHT NOW. Or wait a while and pay more. Crude, ugly, and you can run over one with a tank and it will still work (Ask the German Panzer Corps if I am exagerrating) Between 30-06 and .308 in power. Find one with a good bore, and you can shoot minute of zombie at 400 meters with some practice.

5. ron12301

ron12301 New Member

Probably the most fun for the least amount of money spent. everyone should own one. Never fails to make a big impression at the range as well as being a good conversation starter. Not a bad shooter, I bought mine for $89.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

[​IMG]

I think the MILSUP 8mm Mauser looks better than the Ruskie but @ $69 I'm very HAPPY!

And if you have an FFL03 it ships right to your door. :cool:

Con: Your rifle's accessory is a small tin can with a funny lid, but it's buried under an apartment building somewhere in Budapest.

Bonus: Install the bayonet and you can shish kabob your neighbors barking dog from your porch. (while he's tied up to his dog house)

7. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

Buy
    Buy
    Buy
    Buy
    Buy
    Buy
    Buy

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

my only problem with a mosin nagant is WhyTF that i didnt get one YEARS ago!!!!

9. ta1588

ta1588 New Member

Okay, I'm sold. I'll be getting one from my local shop as soon as funds permit. Thanks guys!

10. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

They really suck, don't buy one! Unless you like fun, cheap shooting, a little history, and trigger time.

11. ta1588

ta1588 New Member

That's a nice assortment of riflery!

12. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

one of the best rifles I own, the russians make some of the best guns. Everything is really simple.

13. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Someone has a Mosin/Mauser problem. We are worried and quite frankly, someone had to bring it up before you bought so many that demand would raise the price. We care. We will be there for you if you agree to get help. The first step is to send them to me. You reach the 12th step as soon as I receive a total of 24 rifles in combination of Mauser/Mosin. After 36, you get your Brown Belt. ;):p

Beautiful picture!!

14. Buddymack

Buddymack New Member

They can be a good rifle for the money and you can't beat 80 bucks for 440 rounds, I have five of them in different flavors but I find my shorter Mosin rifles get more attention like the M44 or the M38, but in the C&R world I think the best buy out there as of now is still the K31 Swiss, I have two and they are about the best rifle you can buy near 200 bucks that many can be sub MOA out of the box...and the GP11 is some fine Surplus ammo...not 80 bucks for 440 rounds though...but I have yet to see some of the crud on my Swiss rifles anything like the crud I seen on my Russians.:)

15. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

Pics or you didn't buy one :p

Seriously best $70 I have ever spent. Less than a tank of gas for the Jeep.

16. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

How big is your tank and what is the price of gas near you?!:eek:

17. gregs887

gregs887 New Member

23.5 gallons at $4.29 thank god for my 4 banger camry :rolleyes:

18. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

I am soooooooooooooooooooo sorry :( still at $3.50 here if you look hard enough and a 18 gallon tank.

19. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

In 2000 I took my Hungarian M44 to the Good Will games in Lake placid. We go permission to shoot the Biathlon course. When I took out the entire 1st station the plug was pulled. They had to replace the whole unit!:D But the guys there buzzed on snow mobiles and put objects on the course and we continued. It was quite fun! The last 1/2 was done on snow mobile. Probably the 1st time since 1932 that a high powered rifle was used.