Mosin Nagant UTG Tri Rail

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by NitroxAZ, Mar 25, 2010.

1. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Does anyone have any experience with these? I was thinking about getting one and was wondering if they are good. I don't want to fork out the cash for the sniper version of this rifle. Any help would be appreciated.

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The Mosin is a utilitarian, fun surplus rifle. Trying to turn it into something it is not just seems silly to me.

3. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Not really trying to turn it into a "sniper" rifle. I just want to improve on the iron sights.

4. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

5. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Thanks for the link.

6. gandog56

gandog56 New Member

Hmmm, I seen this posted in another forum!!!;)

So I take it you don't like a scout scope set up? I have a Darrell's mount and a red dot on one of my 91/30's.

7. gandog56

gandog56 New Member

I'm thinking that with the Leapers mount you would still need a Long Eye Relief scope unless you can set it back far enough. And if you do that, you might also need a bent bolt.

8. Dcomf

Dcomf New Member

You do need a long eye relief scope for the Leapers setup.

9. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

That leapers or Accu-mount is crap. Just my HO.

10. TheOldMan

TheOldMan New Member

Nitrox..

If you are set on adding a scope to your rifle, my suggestion is to take it to a reputable gunsmith, have it drilled and tapped for a mount and have the bolt bent so that it clears the scope. All of this will be relatively inexpensive.

IMO, the Mosin Nagant represents one of the best values for a hunting rifle that's out there today. They are extremely rugged as well as utlilitarian and worth the few extra bucks you'll need to invest.

BTW.. I've got over a dozen of these rifles including the sniper version. they are all great performers.