Mosin Nagant two-fer

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by VitSports6, Nov 24, 2011.

1. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

2. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Excellent! Look for some Yugo heavy ball M30(J). The stuff I have is from 1985 and '86. Brass case and very accurate. I usually save it for my PU.

3. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Was that the $219.00 deal? I am tempted.

4. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Yup, I have a link between the arrows. :D

5. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

WOW!! That is a good deal.

6. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

They are really fun. I have several in different flavors and really enjoy them.

7. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

You have entered the "Hotel California" of gun owners. A twofer is the start of an addiction worse than crack cocaine. I know: Hello I am Steve (hello Steve) I have not bought a Mosin Nagant in two weeks.......

A year ago I bough one,run of the Mill Mosin Nangat, now I am working on filling my second case with them. My advice is, when you recieve them, throw them in the deepest river you can find, and walk away; it will be the cheapest way out........ If you don't follow my advice, have fun!!

At least you started with a great deal. Please post the details of the rifles when you get them next week.

8. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Funny you mention this.
    I had a guy on 7.62x54r.net say he would buy me one if I hadn't bought one within the year, This will be almost 2 years since I bought my first one.
    I like my '42 91/30, I'm mostly interested in the M44, But I figured I couldn't go wrong.
    I will certainly post up what I get, When they arrive.
    Thanks

9. DunRanull

DunRanull New Member

Ive got a 91-30 and a 38, which is a handy little fireball. The 91-30 shoots really well, but it is LONG, like a Kentucky long rifle. Similar to my Swede Mauser but balanced way different and not as hoity.

10. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Looks like they shall arrive on Monday, Too bad I won't get it on Sat...

11. Nun

Nun New Member

Mine are suppose to come today. Clean tonight and shoot 2marrow. Your right bought my first one a year ago and now will own four of them.

12. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Yeah, I thought I had a good deal with those AS(s) clowns, too.

Maybe you'll have better luck with those Brady-Bunch broomhandles

than I did...

13. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Curious, What were you unhappy about?
    I have ordered other items from them with out much issue, My only real complaint was trying to get my local FFL and AIM to communicate, But that has been worked out.

14. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

How do they look?

I had the deal in my cart several times but never committed to the purchase...then as I sat down and pulled out my credit card the m44s were sold out. Bad timing.

however I went to a local store for black Friday and picked up a 91/30 in great shape for 75 bucks, no background no paperwork. Gotta love it!

15. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

So far so good.
    I got a 1944 Tula M44 and a 1943 Izhevsk 91/30.
    I'm still wading through the cosmoline, But things are looking great.

Fresh out of the box.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

No pic's of the 91/30 yet.

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

Wow, mine had at least been wiped down. I can smell all that cosmo through the picture! I've got a 91/30, but with mine being wiped down, I had no idea just how much they used! Good grief! Have fun:)

17. Freak

Freak New Member

That's the only bad part, the cosmoline. I love mine, cheap ammo+cheap gun= happy me

18. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

EW! thats alot of cosmo-love.

The one i bought locally was nice and clean, i had to soak the bolt assembly in carb cleaner and run a few patches down the bore, but it was pretty dang good. The bayonet on the other hand, looked like your rifle.I just need to get my girlfriends hair dryer and seep it out of the stock, but its not even bad, just a little "Sticky" when you hold it.

[​IMG]

19. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Very nice, DR.

My two-fer didn't come with the grungy little tool bag or the oiler bottle, But how many do I really need? They came with all the other tools though.
    I cheated a little bit, I heated mine by the fireplace last night on some towels, I brought my M44 and the bolt for the 91/30 to work and I ran them through the ultrasonic for a bit.
    I will get some better detailed pic's soon.

20. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

Lucky, a fire place!

It WAS a PITA to get all the goo out of the bolt, but like i said, carb/brake cleaner ate right through it haha.

I also lucked out, I asked to buy 1 spam can, and the guy said he was only selling it by the case...well I told him he had a case sitting over there with only 1 can in it...and he sold it to me. I asked "can i keep the case?" and his response was "sure! less stuff for me to throw out"

I didnt give a crap about the box, what i wanted was the can opener! Those things are worth as much as the rifles themselves haha