Mosin Nagant ring type safety pull

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by 7.62 Man, Sep 3, 2012.

1. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

It may make using the safety easier, but it looks overly large and clunky to me. It also looks like it would snag on stuff pretty easily.

Is Russian rifle.
    Is for shooting.
    Is not needing safety.
    ;)

3. vincent

vincent New Member

Meh...If it ain't broke, don't fix it...or fix it 'til it is...:D

My MN's are range shooters, never think much about a safety it's just load, send home and squeeze, ice shoulder when done...;)

Have heard stories about taking the safety off and going boom...for various reasons...but have never had the need to use it...

I guess it could have a use (the ring), just not for me...:cool:

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

The trigger pulls are so heavy i dont think it needs a safety.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

What? I engage/disengage my mosin safety with my thumb. I thought that's the way it's supposed to be done...

You mean to tell me there are some men not manly enough to do this while shooting one of the most ultimately manly rifles? Blasphemy.

Side note: no, I'm not kidding. Every mosin I've ever handled I've been able to manipulate the safety with the thumb of my firing hand. I know I CAN'T be the only one. And I don't exactly have gorilla hands either.

6. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

You'll knock your teeth out if you use the girly type that needs help w/ the safety. BTW, never used the "Safety"

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  7. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

WHAT? My Mosins have a safety? Safety on a Mosin-Nagant, to me, is not having a round in the chamber. The Russians and Soviets believed that the most important safety on weapons was located between the ears of the bearer of the firearm.

8. phildenton

phildenton New Member

not tried it, i can engage the "safety" on mine ok, its the design of the safety itself that is the problem, it can slip to the fire position with a good bump. however, if you do get one and try it, please let us know how it workks

9. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Mine is a B!^@#, I do good to engage/disengage it at all. Guess I'm a sissy.:p

10. oldngray2015

oldngray2015 New Member

Hard Hard Hard Safety Mosin Nagant 1944

Mine is a real bugger, too. I can't pull it back at all. I'm an old geezer, but still...bolt is clean, too. I've had it all apart, soaked it, wiped it, oiled it ... all that stuff. I even took it to work and had a young guy try it. He was able to get the safety engaged, but then almost could not get it back into the fining position. I know I don't need it, just wish it operated easier. Any suggestions?
    Thanks, Mike G. Thomasville GA

11. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

I never use the safety on mine !..................I`m :crazy:

12. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Don't take a mosin to work if you work at a bank, post office, etc

13. Joshua M. Smith

Joshua M. Smith New Member

Hello,

I have one and it works nicely.

[​IMG]