Mosin nagant customization

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by R3c0n5n1p3r, Mar 13, 2012.

1. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

I'm looking to customize 1 of my many nagant rifles I was looking for cool looking after market parts for stocks, match grade trigger, bipod and a turn down bolt handle and rails. I want to make like my own Russian sniper system and have it look custom done not like the wood original rifle. I would like to hear ideas on parts maybe prices because I'm looking at maybe $300 max and would like to see other custom mosin nagant pics...

2. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Wow you really wanna dump a lot of $$$ in a $100 rifle!

3. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

I really like the part about rails. Rails? Bet it has to be black also.

4. JimGamblain2

JimGamblain2 New Member

Rock Solid industries. Make turn down bolt assemblies as well as DIY bolt handles. You can also send them your bolt and the will machine the 90 off of it and tight weld a new turn down handle on it for $55.00, the bolt assemblies are $70.00. They also make scope mounts for both hex and round receivers. Huber concepts makes a drop in adjustable trigger for about $90.00. And last but not least you can check out jmechsscopemounts.com the also have the original style strap mounts for about $100.00. After that Sega has a Leopold 6x24x50 mil dot scope on sale for $99.00. All these options are dead center of your price cap. Have fun(I did) And post some pictures when your some!

5. JimGamblain2

JimGamblain2 New Member

SWFA for the scope NOT Sega

6. JimGamblain2

JimGamblain2 New Member

Hell it could be $20.00 rifle for all I care! Its like taking a 500.00 car and dumping $10,000 into it. If it makes you happy then do it.

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

CBRPS makes bull pup stocks with an interesting look.

8. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

I have a nice scope I'm looking for the stock,rails,trigger and, turn down bolt I found where I can order the parts for about $160 but as far as putting the parts on the rifle idk where to take or send it.... For a good price,,,

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

For a good price. Do it yourself.

10. RustyShackleford101

RustyShackleford101 New Member

Look the mossin is a 100 dollar service rifle, other than a sling, stripper clip, and maybe a cheap scope, your options are limited, these beauty's still make great guns

11. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Op I was just busting your nuts. I've seen stranger and crazier things. Options are a little limited on customizing a mosin and most of them IMHO are too expensive vs the inexpensive price of the rifle. Ati makes a "Monte Carlo" nylon stock tthat usually run around $60, majority of the scope mounts do not hold up very well. Cant remember the mfgr of the better one but it's about $50-$60. The trigger will run anywhere from $75 and up last time I checked. I've never seen a "tricked out" Mosin before but I'd like to see how it comes together. Let us know what you do!

12. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSCL_-mnN4k[/ame]
    You might be interested in this.

13. Werminator

Werminator Member

I dropped mine in an ATI Monte Carlo style stock, removed the front sight block to use the hidden rail underneath, and threw on a Centerpoint dual color lighted 2-7x scope. I also added the Claw brand 3 point sling. My next step is to cut the barrel down some so the gun is short enough to fall into the scout rifle criteria. After a little getting used to I actually like both of the triggers on my 91/30s. I don't want to go to the added expense of turning the bolt handle because it is kinda part of the Mosin's charm but I can definitely understand why some people would. My only other thought is I kinda like the added leverage I can get on the handle if a round gets stuck in the chamber. If the handle is flat against the side of the rifle I can't grasp it as easily or smack the bottom side of it if I should ever need to but the odds are so miniscule it is likely a moot point.

14. Werminator

Werminator Member

Mountain I just watched the video and it is very interesting. I think it would be a better kit if it had been designed in such a way as to have a slot for the bolt to be manipulated in and not a lid on the buttstock that opens every time you rack another round into the chamber... Otherwise very cool...

15. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I completely agree. I'm not a fan of the design. I'm happy with my NAGANT as is but some people seem to like the "space age" look.

16. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

I love my original nagant but I have many in hex receivers and round receivers so I said y not mod 1 with a scope and stock and trigger and make it new... Plus it will make for a cool Russian sniper system. And idk with my tools or abilities if I can do all the mods my self the stock sure but to cut the bolt and weld or what ever for the turn down bolt... I don't think it's as easy as it looks to mod I would rather some one do it right...

17. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

The one I'm modding.

Attached Files:

18. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

More like the one I'm getting ready to mod...

19. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Look forward to updates and pics.

20. R3c0n5n1p3r

R3c0n5n1p3r New Member

As soon as I get my money back I'll order the parts and just mod it my self...