Mosin-Nagant 91/30

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by talk2chuck, Jul 10, 2009.

1. talk2chuck

talk2chuck New Member

Hey everybody, I have been looking at mosin nagants over the past few months and was wondering if I put a Russian WWII replica scope on a non-ex sniper (rifle without pre-drilled holes) does it usually raise or lower the value? My criteria for getting one includes matching serial numbers on all 5 components, perhaps a hex receiver, and a nice finish. Scopes of the sort ar about $220 but would it be worth it? thanks

2. K.O.W.

K.O.W. New Member

Mosin Nagant-value is very low. The scope will to make this value higher, I think. It is so here in my country. :eek:

3. warwolf

warwolf New Member

I would say if you could get a real PU scope for 220 than it would be worth it.

4. group17

group17 New Member

Since you can buy a mosin for $100 putting a scope on it wouldn't hurt the value.
    I'd rather buy one with the scope already on it.

5. talk2chuck

talk2chuck New Member

Is it ok to put a wood polish on a gun such as the Mosin? Does it effect value?

6. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

When it starts off at $100 it would be hard to bring the value down unless you cut it into little pieces with a torch.

IIRC the sniper versions were made up special once the rifle was completed and test fired. If it was found to be exceptionally accurate (by accident) then it was modified into a sniper rifle. They were not purpose built snipers but purpose modified.

7. DrGonzo11

DrGonzo11 New Member

Most of the "sniper" rifles you see for sale are just that, non-PU sniper models converted with a modern replica scope, and they sell for $800, so I'd say it wouldn't hurt as long as you don't use a rare marked gun and you or your smith mount the scope to the original specs.

8. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Also, the Classic Arms site sells M91/30 "sniper rifles" for $449.
    [​IMG]

Their "sales" pitch for them: