mosin feeding issues

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by potentialglock, Feb 5, 2013.

1. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

Has anybody ever had the problem with feeding on their mosin? Almost every third round gets hammed and won't feed. Like it won't even leave the magazine. The nose of the bullet tips down and the only way I can solve the issue is drop the rounds out from the base plate and start again. I've tried just pushing the round ds down further into the magazine, cycling an empty chamber but the round that stuck will keep sticking until I empty the gun and start over. Id say its a feed ramp issue but the bullet never even touches it. Any ideas?

2. davemccarthy707

davemccarthy707 New Member

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

is all the cosmoline out of it? have you been using coated casings? it may be time for an indepth cleansing.

4. spack762

spack762 New Member

Mine did that once. Have you over laped the rims on the rounds? One over one under. Solved my issue.

5. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

I bet that might help

6. duddie10

duddie10 New Member

If you are stacking rim correctly and making full strocks of the bolt. Then it mighr be a weak mag spring. I had one that allowed the cases to jump and become unstacked. Just got a new floor plate and spring and never had a problem again.

7. davemccarthy707

davemccarthy707 New Member

Rim stacking has no affect in the Mosin if the interruptor is working right. The interruptor actually allows the rifle to seperate and single-load a round everytime you cycle the bolt.

8. vincent

vincent New Member

QFT...:cool:

No rim stacking involved when using stripper clips either...

9. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Active Member

Id say check the interrupter clearance like posted above.:D

10. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Check clearance. Also make sure the rounds are pushed all the way back and that you are opening the bolt all the way to cycle a round. I have never had this issue with my mosin so I wish you the best of luck. Be sure to give us updates!