Mosin buid pics!

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by sngreen1, Mar 9, 2011.

1. sngreen1

sngreen1 New Member

Just started working on the mosin today, Got the ATI stock put on and got my bent bolt done just thought id share some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Looking pretty good! Congrats!

Who did the bolt?

3. sngreen1

sngreen1 New Member

Thanks, I had a local gunsmith do it, an I polished it when I got it back.

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Looks good. :cool:

5. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

6. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

No comment! Not my cup of tea.

7. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

You realize a comment of no comment is a comment. :D

8. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

The work looks good. Shiny.

I'm with you. But it is not my rifle, so if you like it that is all that matters.

9. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

10. VitSports6

VitSports6 New Member

Nice! I have seen a local guy advertising wanting to do that, If I had more than one, I would think about it.
    Yours is coming along nicely, I haven't seen you say what year and what factory made it?
    Good luck

11. sngreen1

sngreen1 New Member

From what I have found out it was made in the mid 30's, as far as factory goes im not sure.

12. sngreen1

sngreen1 New Member

I still have the original stock, so if I ever wanted to put it back I could. But as cheap as these rifles are I couldnt resist. Now I would never do anything like this to my mauser or a high dollar older gun.

13. jpattersonnh

The date is on the receiver. It will look like 1936r. The arsenal stamp on the bolt is Izhevsk.

This is a 1938 Izhevsk, Finn capture. double [SA] stamped.
    [​IMG]

The Winter war started in 1939 when the Soviets invaded Finland, they were loosing miserably. It ended on June 22, 1941 w/ the German invasion of the USSR.
    This rifle had to have been captured at a depot before it was ever issued. Pristine Finned 91/30.
    3rd from left in this pic.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  14. sngreen1

sngreen1 New Member

You sir, are my new best friend,lmao. Very nice collection! Noticed you have a side mounted sniper scope on the one on the end, is it orig?

15. sngreen1

sngreen1 New Member

16. jpattersonnh

"Original" is subjective, "Correct" is closer to the point. The scope caps through the hole in the ring part of the mount came about in Korea, and was adopted by the Soviets from the Chinese. It is not a WW2 build, but is a post war 1950's..1960's build. The scope and mount are correct for that time period although the rifle is a 1943 and may have had a damaged base and mount/scope replaced. The N4 designation on the scope is still used today by the Progress factory for new scopes. There are very slight variations between 50 year old scopes and new ones. I only paid $269.00 for the rig 8 years ago from I.O. so I really can't complain. New repro snipers sell for $500.00++. Originals are still availible for $850.00. Same price they were 8 years ago. BTW, Real sniper 91/30's never used hex receivers.

These are correct, and or original:
    [​IMG]

This is a counter sniper build of a G3 using a Cetme as the base, scope, mount, stock and barrel are all correct:
    [​IMG]

My last build is a 1945 DOU Czech Post war 98 that has bases made in Austria, Purchased last year w/ a late war scope and rings. I could change the bottom metal and make a fake that I could get some big money for to a sap, or keep it as it is a reproduction w/ real parts and it is still a $3700.00 rifle.
    [​IMG]

17. sngreen1

sngreen1 New Member

18. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, Yeah. Where are the bayonets?;)

That picture makes me want to start my Mosin a month mission.