More Gun Control Foolishness from Illinois Senator Dick Durbin

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by BPNovum, Feb 1, 2013.

1. BPNovum

BPNovum New Member

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Are you saying that one of the esteemed elected officials of Illinois are out of touch with real life?

I wonder how many shooters in Chicago passed their background checks.
    :rolleyes:

3. BPNovum

BPNovum New Member

Probably none... But I bet they would do it if Dickie asked them to.

4. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

The NSSF newsletter just announced that the Mayor of Minneapolis and about 60 other mayors are threatening to boycott gun manufacturers by using the purchasing power of their police depts if the mfrs didn't go along with the sweeping gun reforms.

5. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Hey that's an idea. Boycott.

Yeah, let the gun manufacturers boycott urban police depts. Like Ronnie Barrett did to Kommiefornia.:D:D

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  6. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Liberal senators from IL depend on Chicago voters at re-election time. Many of those Chicago voters are convicted felons. Convicted felons vote for weak kneed apologists who are opposed to stiff sentences for violent crimes: Durbin is their man.

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

That's more firearms and ammo for us!

I wonder how many of those mayors are siding with Bloombiotch?

8. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

9. JAD

JAD New Member

We all want to be safe and secure, but if we give up our liberty and freedom to have such, I guarantee you will end up with neither. Our forefathers knew that and that is why we were given something that spelled out the essence of what we should be and a prayer that we would fulfill the goal. At times we have and at times we haven't, but neither was because of all the additional laws that have been passed nor taxes that have been levied. Man, at his best, can only control himself. He cannot control others and all that have tried have failed.

10. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lmfao. How often do you think the departments service their weapons, nevermind replace them? Oh no don't boycott us we really need to sell you 10 ARs at a reduced cost every 20 years. Lol

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Dick Durbin is a waste of human skin! [​IMG]

12. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

When Durbin opens his pie hole, it kinda makes ya ashamed to be a member of the human race, doesn't it??:mad::mad:

13. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

I want a firearms company to send a mayor a letter similar to this.

Dear mayor,

We have similar ideals as you, so in keeping with the spirit of your wishes we have decided to send your police department only five round magazines in your next and all subsequent orders. Since it may be possible that criminals may eventually get old stock police equipment, this is a great way to keep high capacity magazines out of the hands of those who may do harm. If you truly think firearms are the cause it may be prudent to replace your ammunition order with blanks, that way criminals will have no chance of acquiring ammunition. Please, we are only attempting to do our part and remove some of the supply of firearms and ammunition from your streets, if there is anything further you want us to do, please ask.

14. Mack Bolan

Mack Bolan New Member

how would that boycott even work, who will they get arms and ammo from in the meantime, overseas? china? I can't see the LEO's on the street going for that since its their lives at risk.

and I can't imagine that municipalities are the majority of the market share for arms manufacturers in this country, especially lately.

i'd say theres a good chance it is a poorly thought out bluff by this group of mayors, being they feel they're in a big upswing of emotion and momentum on their side.