More good news for NC

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by deadsp0t, Aug 14, 2013.

1. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

2. bigjim

bigjim New Member

Well that is good news, now it's Remington's turn to get the H--- out of NY.

Jim

3. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

I wish more would move here, it would help with some legislation the republicans are working on for one, it'd also create jobs here in my state too.. Would also be cool if it was closer like I said, the planned location is almost 4 hours away.. My in-laws are big Ruger ppl too, my wife's grandfather retired from Ruger

4. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

I'm glad to see that, S.C. has one or two also.

5. JW357

JW357 New Member

Excellent news for that area!

6. Marthor

Marthor New Member

I just ordered some mags from shopruger and they charge tax for AZ and CT orders.

Does having a presence in NC mean tax for shopruger for people in NC?

7. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Good question, good question indeed.

8. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

The key is which states the manufacturer has "nexus" with. Big huge 5 letter word in the tax world that means that any state they have a direct business connection or stake in has to charge sales tax on those products.

9. Seven

Seven New Member

I'm guessing 'yes'.

10. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

I really fail to see how sales tax would deter me from buying online, especially from an in state company, if it helps keep a major gun manufacture in my state(who's escaping a gun grabbing state) I think I'm ok with that.in NC we pay sales tax on everything else anyway.

:confused:

Maybe someone could enlighten my dim mind

11. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

The problem I run into paying sales tax on online buys is that I have to pay S & H AND tax. So in the end it's almost cheaper to buy locally then go online. That is the point of charging sales tax on online retailers, chilling the market for the benefit local sellers.

12. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Most of the time I can get the items on the shopruger site for less at brownells or numrich. I got a nice set of stocks for my blackhawk from Jack First that ruger no longer makes for $30. shopruger.com has high prices to protect their retailers. It would be right stupid to cut your retailers throat.

13. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Either way, bringing their business to a more gun friendly state like NC is not only good news for us NC residents but good news for the gun industry and like stated, we need more to follow suit.