More from Detroit....

Discussion in 'Firearms in the Media' started by Mason609, May 8, 2014.

1. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/detroit-woman-wounded-in-shootout-with-wouldbe-robbers/25840016

2. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

3. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

Another news story with a good ending that I somehow didn't see on the television.

4. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

Doubtful we'll ever see any of this on the news, even just the local stations.

5. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

There are a couple of places where you will see stories like this, American Rifleman and Fox News. All the rest will spin it to make it look like a bad thing.

6. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Good to go for her.

7. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

Yea, those guys didn't want to hurt her or anything, they were just down on their luck and needed some money for food... They were trying to turn their life around and become honest, hardworking Americans.

I'm glad things worked out for her, now more people in Detroit need to arm themselves and take back their city

8. Easy_CZ

Easy_CZ Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1399600393.522371.jpg

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1399600406.212156.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

9. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

Gee, I don't know why people need those nasty guns........sarcasm intended.

10. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Good on the lady.

11. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The people of Detroit could just vote out all of the Democrats and vote in successful business people that actually knew how to get things done. Nah, that would be too simple.

12. Eagle1803

Eagle1803 New Member

Time to get the old small Toyota Truck out with the Roll bar, lock in load boys, Time to go gang hunting!

Attached Files:

13. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

People try to open businesses in Detroit. There is so much friction in Detroit they can't open a chain owned grocery store in some areas. If it is not a black owned business they don't want it in Detroit.

How they get away with that I don't know. If a white community said they didn't want a black owned business in their community the cops would lock up everyone and the city would give the business a million bucks to make them feel better.

14. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Good for her... Amazing she had the presence of mind to return accurate fire after being wounded.

Her Familly should be proud!

Tack

15. kott

kott New Member

Shes definitely pretty hardcore... No amount of training could probably teach someone to act like she did. Not after being wounded anyway - thats just that "it" that you need.

16. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

That lady makes proud. Thumbs up for her!

17. bbertram

bbertram New Member

It was on local news in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Just about the best news story of the day. :)
    Brent

18. tinbucket

tinbucket Well-Known Member

Relatives some distance away from Detroit pain an ugly picture of the whole Detroit Dearborn area. The Muslims are a/the major player in trying to establish a Muslim state or area. The Blacks and Latinos are lesser players but they are all at each other's throats socially and economically.

19. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

You mean like the new mayor of Detroit that was a write in candidate at the primary level? Successful businessman.

There have been several new businesses that have opened in Detroit. Crime is still an issue, Detroit PD is understaffed and ill equipped to deal with the issues. Detroit PD has for decades been against mere mortal citizen carry. New Chief of Police is a breath of fresh air.

Jeeze, could you broader brush to paint a more racist picture? Dearborn is a Detroit suburb that has one of the highest percentage muslim populations in the country, but you don't see much muslim activity in the actual city. Outside of Dearborn, there isn't a lot of muslim activity.

Granted, the actual city of Detroit has some serious issues, but I'm beginning to see some positive progress. Detroit suburbs are doing extremely well.

I've said for years that Detroit (entire community and auto industry) is literally the canary in the mine... and continues to be so. You think the Detroit bankruptcy is something unique? It's coming to a town and state near you soon.