More Bear News - But I disagree with outcome

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Orangello is going to love this one.

http://www.king5.com/news/Grizzly-bear-kills-hiker-in-Denali-National-Park-167434325.html

Let me surmise in case you don't want to read the whole story.

58/59 year old guy from San Diego goes to a National Park in Alaska to hike and take pictures, BY HIMSELF.

Dude must apply for a permit, which he did, and then he must go through mandatory training on the rules and procedures to be allowed in the park. He did.

Part of the training is to SPECIFICALLY stay at least 1/4 mile away from any bears at all times. If you find yourself suddenly closer than a quarter of a mile away, you are to walk backwards very slowly.

Duder is wandering along and gets about 50 yards from a bear that is eating and hanging out, doing bear stuff. He then proceeds to film the bear for 8 minutes before the bear decides he has had enough and eats said dude alive.

Park Ranger shot and killed "a bear" that was seen sitting on the guys gear and eating his supplies, but there is no word if that was the bear that actually killed the guy.

I am kind of finding it hard to feel sorry for the guy here and I think the bear got the shaft. :mad:

Your thoughts? (*Except for you 'Gello, we know what you will say. :p)

2. orangello

orangello New Member

I liked the part about the bear getting that hot lead injection, but i don't much miss anybody dumb enough to go paparazzi on a freakin' Grizzly. I can only hope that if the bear that was shot turns out not to be the one that ate the paparazzi, that the real peopl-eater chokes on some of the idiot's bones.

3. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

The bear did nothing more than be a bear. The guy was a moron who unfortunately paid for his stupidity with his life. Hopefully the shot bear was the one that ate the guy and if so, it's best it be put down because once a bear discovers that man is an easy, tasty kill, they will do it again. Bad for both bear and moron in this case.

4. truggles

truggles New Member

So why didn't they just tranquilize the bear to check his innards for an idiot. And if he did eat him they could hav sent him to bear jail for a while and wait for his court date or something...

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

:cool:
    I do love a good 'Gello post in the middle of my day. I wasn't expecting to choke on my sandwich in the process of reading it, but those are the hazards when you click the link.

Orangello doesn't like bears. He doesn't go where there are bears. If he finds himself in proximately of a bear, he will most likely make a suicide charge, or exit stage right. This is reasonable.

Standing there for 8 minutes filming as the bear turns around, walks over to your happy ass and bitch slaps onto the dinner plate is just plain stupid.

Then again he was from Kalifornia and he was hiking alone. But I digress...:eek:

6. orangello

orangello New Member

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Okay, time for a fund raiser!! Who wants to chip in to help send Orangello on a trip to Club Med?!?!?!

8. orangello

orangello New Member

Now, where is my chainsaw. ;)

9. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Here you go. Don't forget the AK though. :D

[​IMG]

10. clem_

clem_ New Member

He should of had a rifle like mine 45/70 and he would be alive today!.

11. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Duh! With Hollywood revamping every past movie hit and remaking them you know "An American Werewolf in London" couldn't be remade without some wolves Davy. Geesh. :D

13. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Why is it

Animals seem to have more rights than us Go figure

14. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I think we ought to give the bear a medal. He probably just ate an obama voter.

15. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

When I heard this at breakfast today, I laughed almost as hard as when I read about Bigfoot in the ghilley suit a couple of days ago.
    I find it hard to believe either of those guys lived to the ripe old ages they've achived. Up 'till now.
    Just a little more chlorine in the old gene pool.:cool:

16. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Lol this...ya moron let's film a grizzly while eating. Oh how fun he's getting closer!!