Moose Hunt Question

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by BikerRN, May 20, 2011.

1. BikerRN

BikerRN New Member

Howdy All.

I'm starting to percolate the idea of a Moose Hunt in 2012 in Alberta and was wondering if I could bring a quartered Moose back in to the United States on ice to take to my processor and the head to my Taxidermist?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Biker

2. Bigcat_hunter

Bigcat_hunter New Member

I did that last year in BC. The outfitter had a walk in cooler that we could hang the moose overnight. It cooled it to the bone. We traveled for two days back to Oregon with it under tarps with ice and it stayed plenty cool. I don't think I'd attempt it with out it being cooled or flash frozen first. It was in the 70's traveling back and that could spoil a moose pretty fast if not cooled.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

I bring my deer by car from texas each year. I freeze the meat inside vaccuum sealer bags pack on ice and drive up. It arrives nice and frozen. Dont see why a moose would pose an issue, just a bigger scale

4. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Wi going to Tx for deer hunting, Hmmmm.
    Get your license in NH. You can bring everything w/ you. Submit for the lottery and have at it. I'd help you out. We have moose like Tx has hogs.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

A moose i would love to have a go at. Its on my list of things to do. But i combine the deer hunt with a family visit. Wisconsin too damn cold to be outside during deer season!!

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I live in WI but return to the Sportsman's Paradise (Louisiana) to deer hunt. Gun season in WI 9 days, gun season in LA closer to 69 days. Nuff said.

By the time I return to WI from LA, my deer is frozen.