Montanians give input

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Shihan, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

What are the Pros and Cons of living in Montana?

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Never lived there, but it is on my list of 3 - AZ, MO and another planet :D I have been there, June 1997, and it was awesome! :D Shorts, t-shirt ..... and some snow flurries :p

You thinking of moving? :confused:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012

3. zedpapa

zedpapa Member Supporter

I'm interested in moving to Montana, too. I would imagine its better than commiefornia, probably way better. I would move in a hearbeat if I could find a job there.

4. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Check career builder, if it's there chances are you'll find it. I say we cut our losses and give Cali to the commies, maybe they'll all move there... I can dream can't I?:p

5. tri70

tri70 New Member

More animals than people, no 100 deg heat, you always have the high ground!

6. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I was giving thought to moving.
    Are the speed limits still prudent speeds?

7. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

Montana is my dream spot. My problem is my skill is in the manufacturing field...not a lot of jobs like that out there. :(

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

No Eastern Diamondback snakes!

9. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

The only problem with Montana is that it sucks when the weather changes.

The only problem with California is that everybody gives it up as lost as far as gun rights are concerned. The politics here are a nightmare to be sure, but a big part of the reason for that is that pro-gunners move out because it is too hard to live here and own guns. Everybody keeps telling me to move out of CA because it is a lost cause, well, how about you spineless bastards get a little backbone and move into the belly of the beast to make some changes? But no! Rather than do that you move to pro-gun states and encourage me to do the same. Isn't that the same as retreating?

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Um, nope. I plan on moving out of Illinois as soon as I can. I stay here now because my Father is 82 and in poor health and I couldn't possibly leave him right now.

I'm thinking either Kentucky, Arizona or Wyoming.

11. winds-of-change

I have never lived in Montana. Visited there a couple times. I believe their winters might be a little rough.

I hear the living conditions are much better just a little south of Salt Lake City, Utah.

12. subie-jeep

subie-jeep New Member

speed limit on the interstates is 75 and 70 on most other highways
    no sales tax
    rent is a little high in the college towns
    winters can be rough but generally not to bad if you stay away from the easter half/very north west.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  13. winds-of-change

Here's a great website with all kinds of statistics about Billings, Montana.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Billings-Montana.html

If you own your house, now might not be the best time for selling it. But if you are looking to be, now is a great time to buy real estate.