Mom's Demand Action in SC

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Daoust_Nat, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I am in Charlotte, NC on business. Yesterday while returning from lunch I found a SC talk station that seemed to lean to the right. As I listened the guy from Noon on had on a Mom's Demand Action spokeswoman who gave her "correct" version of what they want.

The host treated her with kid gloves. Only one slightly tough question, about what she would say if her childred told her the wannted CCP at 18. Her answer was to stress the danger and responsibility of such, but admitted she could not stop them.

She talked about "illegal" guns used for suicides, without anyone mentioning Japan having far more suicides, and virtually no private firearm ownership. She mentioned all of the childres's deaths without anyone mentioning the FBI statistics which point out how few there are. She stated that it happened "all the time." NO one pointed out that her childred were more likely to die in an auto crash or in a swimming pool.

She also complained that there was a bill in the SC legislature to take guns away from anyone in a domestic dispute. It might be necessary, but should not be a knee jerk reaction, but she wanted to remove the guns on a misdemeanor.

She also claimed they need to take guns away from people that have a stalking injuncntion against them. Sorry sweetie, they do that now. Again the usual gun show and internet lies about gun transfers without background checks.

It is a call in show, but no calls were invited. So I did not get to call in and argue any of this crap. I would have thought a right leaning conservative radio station would have put some more effort into questioning her "facts" and statistics.

2. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

The Moms and all other anti groups that lie and make misleading statements to further their agendas can bite me. As long as I live and breath I will fight the antis. As far as I am concerned forums like this one are an important part of this fight. We can communicate with like minded individuals and share ideas.

3. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

This was most likely a liberal station trying to make it look like they were conservative so MDA could look like they were addressing concerns. This is along the lines of the TV commercials that try to look like talk shows. This is a new tactic that marketers have found works because consumers assume the format is legitimate and accept it. I can't imagine getting MDA into a chair across from me and just allowing them to spout lies without questioning their facts.

4. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

The station gives all appearances of being conservative. The news report is Fox News, the guy before noon was going on about 2A and firearms in a very positive way, and Hannity is on late in the afternoon.

I just wanted to call in, and there was no call in number given. I get truly aggravated when people allow non-facts, lies if you want, to be put in front of people. This guy was allowing this MDA to do just that.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Not to nitpick, but haven't they already had some action? They are mothers after all; even if it was a turkey baster, they've seen some action.

6. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Your right, Fox News makes it a conservative network. Maybe they didn't allow call-in because it was the replay of an older broadcast. However, I might contact the station manager and inquire as to why that interviewer went so light on facts when the interview was done.