Mom gets probation for spanking own child

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Maverick, Jun 17, 2011.

1. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Here's a shining example of a Prosecutor and Judge who have W A Y overstepped their authority. :mad: It's unlikely to happen but I wish that woman could have fought this one all the way up to the chain.

Spanking is NOT child abuse! If it was determined that the mother may have been out of line than at best she should have gotten a taking to from a counselor.

2. OC357

OC357 New Member

Wow......I guess the court system in Texas is not very busy....:D

(actually this is very sad)

3. Maverick

Maverick Member

It really shouldn't suprise me. I lost my 12 year LEO career for stopping my 13 year old step daughter from punching me in the face by grabbing her hand as she struck me.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

What do you expect from a government that legislates from the bench and believes that your pet has the same right to council as you.

Attached Files:

5. knfxda

knfxda New Member

Unbelievable. The only thing that seems odd to me is how bad were the marks on the child that the grandmother took the child to the Hospital. It either sounds bad or the GM has no ability to judge a situation or the GM really had it out for the Daughter.

6. Maverick

Maverick Member

Here is what Texas Law says.......

Texas Penal Code Sec. 9.61 "PARENT-CHILD. (a) The use of force, but not deadly force, against a child younger than 18 years is justified: (1) if the actor is the child's parent or stepparent or is acting in loco parentis to the child; and (2) when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is necessary to discipline the child or to safeguard or promote his welfare."

They are not following our own laws...........sound familiar?

7. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Felony child abuse? Unfreaken believable!
    That woman needed a real lawyer. The arrogance of the judge is just amazing.

8. Car54

Car54 New Member

Total BS....Mom should have said to the judge and the prosecutor during the hearing, "okay, give me your telephone numbers and the next time my child needs discipline, I'll call you to come over and you handle the situation. Let's see what your tolerance will be".

9. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

hell my niece's or nephew act up and I'm baby sitting or what ever I don't hesitate to get the belt. I love them but getting a beating is nessicery some times, I got the belt when I was younger I turned out pretty well. Then I'm a firm believer that some people just need a good ars kicking.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

It is like that everywhere.

My wife after surgery was told that if she defended her self from an attack by my daughter she would be in prison. The CPS bitznatch told us to our face. "If you try in any way to defend yourself I will put you in prison". Not you will go to jail or you may go to jail nope "I WILL PUT YOU IN PRISON".

My daughter is 5'7" 180# and wears a size 10 in womens. Sorry she is a full grown women.

11. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

That there is a problem.

I guess I'm waiting for my day in court...