molle rig??? a way to carry extra amno

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by gaspump86, Sep 19, 2012.

1. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

I shoot my 995ts and s&w SIGMA 9MM out in the woods. So i bought a plate carrier to carry mags, pistol, & dump pouch.I had an idea to put a single M4 mag pouch on the back of the PC to carry a 50rd box of 9mm( I assumed a 50rd box of 9mm was close to the size of 2 m4 mags). I bought the pouch after asking the Tac store Guy if I could try to fit a 50rd box of ammo in it. It fit great. I want another one so I can carry 100rds extra on my rig. I carry 5 spare 995 mags and 3 sigma spare mags
    right now and we all know that's only 50rds for the carbine.. I can't afford to buy 20 mags so this is a molle belt/vest/PC/gun bag/pack option for one to spend $10 on each pouch to carry ammo. I will post some pics later. I can't right now because my wife is sitting next to me and she doesn't know I just spent $140 on Tac/shooting gear. Ill post pics of my whole rig.

2. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

Sorry. I forgot about this. I took some pictures of me wearing my gear. Maybe ill be able to use it if I exercise LOL I love my shooting gear!

IMG274-1.jpg

IMG275-1.jpg

IMG276-1.jpg

IMG277-1.jpg

IMG278-1.jpg

IMG279-1.jpg

IMG281-1.jpg

IMG281-1.jpg

3. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Holy Cow! Where's the coffee maker! :eek:

4. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I myself prefer my 'gear' to be a little more 'gray', or not so attention grabbing, even for a range trip. Even 'tactical' gear on the waist isnt as noticeable and can be at least partially obscured by clothing.

I would skip the MOLLE setup, just my $.02

5. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

This is for going to the wilderness and target shooting. So I can carry everything I need. Some of the items arefrom my security work.

6. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

? I don't get it

7. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

I didn't either?

I'm with sputnik1988, I prefer to be a little more grey as well, and I'm also just old fashioned. I like to keep a back pack handy when I'm carrying gear. I'm also a big fan of the old pistol belt. I like to be able to drop my gear quickly and easily. But that's why they offer so many choices. :)

8. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

Yea for sure. If something is going down and I had to " sceedaddle" LOL with my family. I would just have a belt on. With : pistol, 3 mags, multi-tool, led light, dump pouch

9. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

lol, that's mean. :eek: :p

10. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

What's mean about it. I still don't get it. Is it a fat joke? LOL

11. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

naaaahhhhhhh. take it easy, not a fat joke. it's inside trader information. ;)

12. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Seriously, gp86, do you enjoy carrying all that stuff?

I let my truck do it for me, because when I go to shoot,

I'm out for a good time...

13. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

No, not a fat joke. Still not nice. Google the name Gecko45. Should answer your questions. Like I
    Said, not nice.

14. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

Yea actually I do. Im not a sickly weakling. Yes I like practicing mag changes & rifle/pistol transitions

15. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

LMAO that's hilarious! If people want to call me that. Cool. I can wear what I want when I shoot. Im not a fake or trying to be something im not. I love to shoot. And I have fun when I do it. As should yall

16. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

I was joking it was just the first thing that came to mind...

17. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

If you want a way to carry your shooting stuff that spreads the load, makes things easy to get to, arange your stuff the way you want it, then a MOLLE rig is hard to beat.

18. gaspump86

gaspump86 New Member

Its all good! I enjoyed looking at the pics when I googled "Gecko45"...

19. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I just use a cheapo camera bag to carry a 50 shot box of ammo in the woods.