MOLLE Holsters on plate carriers

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by grassfedarmory, May 5, 2016.

1. grassfedarmory

grassfedarmory New Member

I currently carry an IMI Active retention holster connected to the MOLLE on my plate carrier. I keep mine right on the chest. What are y'all's opinions on MOLLE attachment holsters, and placement of said holsters?

EDIT: feel free to post pictures of your plate carrier load outs with explanations of why things are placed where they are. ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1462588946.156051.jpg

EDIT #2: My current carrier with the aforementioned holster on chest. Being on a tight budget, I have to still add a few more mag pouches right now. But it's pretty simplistic. I keep the pistol and magazines, and a knife. Don't really need more than that right now.

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I don't wear plate carriers on a daily basis. When deployed (Before my shift over to the submarine community, and before 9/11 and following higher speed and lower drag gear.) I had an old school LBE vest that held my M9 on the lower left and horizontal mag pouches on the right. Worked well for access, as long as I didn't have to go prone. Up on the chest would be better for access from prone if cover options are limited and you have to get down low.

3. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

On my plate carrier I have a shotgun shell/utility pouch on the upper right, 3 pistol mag holders on upper left, a detachable pistol holster on lower left and 3 m4 mag pouches on lower right. And two utility pouches one on lower left side and one on lower right side and that's my set up.

4. grassfedarmory

grassfedarmory New Member

Drawing from the lower left of the vest is a significantly more natural draw, if you ask me. But as you pointed out, it does tend to get in the way if you go prone. After a bit of getting used to the new draw it's like second nature now.