Mohawk nylon

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by fiftyfivechvyman, Nov 7, 2011.

1. fiftyfivechvyman

fiftyfivechvyman New Member

Just picked up a remington nylon never had one can't wait to try it out any one have opinions on this rifle?

2. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I'm going to assume your talking about the Nylon 66 (there are other Nylon models, though much less common). My Dad had one for a number of years. It was reliable and decently accurate. It took a number of Jackrabbits in it's day. It was polymer before polymer was cool. They are a lot of fun, I'd be surprised if you didn't enjoy it. I wouldn't mind having one, even if I have no actual need for it.

FYI: http://www.chuckhawks.com/rem_nylon_rifles.htm

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011

3. agrotom

agrotom New Member

One of my favorite .22s cant get much better! Its a straight shooter and a very reliable rifle. :D

4. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Only drawback to the Nylon 66 is it is a bear to take apart. I usually just spray it heavily with aerosol gun cleaner and let it drip dry to clean mine. Reliable as any other if kept clean.

5. fiftyfivechvyman

fiftyfivechvyman New Member

Thanks too every one who replied I'm going to try and take it out tomorrow morn hope its as much fun as my model 10 takes me back to going out as a kid with my grandpa want my kids to feel that some day too

Thanks again chris