MOE or CTR

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by WhaleNoises, Oct 20, 2011.

1. WhaleNoises

WhaleNoises New Member

Have any of you used both Magpul stocks? Is the CTR worth the extra cash or does the MOE not wiggle much.

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

There's only one Magpul stock I haven't used and that's because they don't make it anymore. Well another company purchased the rights but I haven't tried it out yet.

The CTR and MOE give you the same quality but the CTR has a locking mechanism keeping it from having any sort of wobble. The movement on the MOE isn't going to effect shooting and it's slightly lighter.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I have the CTR and I love it!

I had tried 2 or 3 brands before I ended up getting the CTR and it's been on my primary and secondary AR's ever sense. Locks up rock solid and its length of pull options are great for summer and winter clothing considerations.

JD

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I looked at both the MOE and CTR and went with the CTR for the tighter fit and the QD sling mounts. Glad I did. If you don't need the QD mounts then the MOE is a better deal.

5. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

6. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I have the MOE and its been a good stock, i also really like the looks of the ACS stock

7. MrWray

MrWray New Member

The no QD was the downfall for me with the MOE,so i installed the magpul ASAP sling plate and use the magpul MS2 sling

8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

It can definately be a PITA but I've found that if there isn't a fix at the moment wait a minute or 2 and someone will be along w/ a solution.

9. TunaFisherman

TunaFisherman New Member

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  10. jgand72

jgand72 New Member

I got the MOE, but if I could go back I'd get the CTR. The little bit of wiggle really bothers me.

11. theboarbuster

theboarbuster New Member

I have the CTR on a couple of guns and its a good stock. I just built a 6.8 and I put the ACS on it and I think it will be my new favorite. I like the solid cheeck weld.