MOE hanguard

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by broke-again124, Jun 17, 2012.

1. broke-again124

broke-again124 New Member

When installed, is the handguard supposed to be extremely tight or have slight play in it? I am about to install mine on my .300 blk build with clamp on front sight, and it feels as though it might be a little loose after its on. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions before I get too deep.

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Sorry, misunderstood... deleted.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012

3. broke-again124

Handguard?

4. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have a older one and a newer one both MOES , both have a little play thats just how it is with a non free float type handguard , It allows you to put on a flashlight but you would never be able to add a laser and make it stay accurate . No worries it will do what you want it to but if you want someting tight I suggest a free float handguard

5. okdonk

okdonk New Member

For the first time i saw Q was on other planet while answering a thread. ;)

6. Car54

Car54 New Member

I had a MOE handguard on my LMT upper and it had no play at all, nice and tight.

7. broke-again124

Will it work with the clamp on FSP? I'm running a carbine gas tube and a mid handguard so I need it. I've had these spare parts lying around so I'd love to use em.

8. fetep

fetep New Member

My wife's also has no free play on her LMT. Tight as it can be.

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Depends on what FSP you have

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Yep, I was still thinking about another thread. :eek:

Anyway, both my MOEs fit very tight and it doesn't matter whether the end cap is circular or triangular.

11. broke-again124

Arm alike I think.

12. Quentin

Quentin New Member

ArmaLite? :p

13. broke-again124

Right. Autocorrect.

14. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Are you also using ArmaLite's trangular end cap?

15. broke-again124

Using a triangle cap sent to me by Rainier Arms. Are all triangle caps pretty well the same?

16. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Should be the same. I have a MOE on my BCM upper which has a triangular end cap and it's very tight. Same goes for my Daniel Defense as I said earlier. Looks like it would fit my ArmaLite but I haven't tried it. Should work for you.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  17. broke-again124

What keeps the end cap from moving? Other than the gas tube which I suspect wouldn't do much.

18. JonM

JonM Moderator

pressure from the fsb or gas block and the gas tube keeps it from rotating. milspec with fsb they rarely have any wiggle. barrels that are made for a fsb have a small ledge cut that the fsb presses the endcap into. gas block rifle barrels seldom have that ledge cut so all you got is the gas tube so its going to wiggle

19. broke-again124

Okay so I have nothing but the barrel nut to hold it plus pressure from the clamp on FSB.

20. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I assumed your gas block would be like my ArmaLite. If it doesn't stop the end cap from moving then all you have for restraint is the delta ring...