MOE butt stock or UBR butt stock

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by darkhellwolf, Jun 18, 2012.

1. darkhellwolf

darkhellwolf New Member

Hello every one I need help pick one of this two butt stock Is there ene one with some ratings on this butt stock?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

the ubr is HEAVY!!! 1.5 pounds!!

if you dont care about weight or are using it on a accuracy rifle where weight is a desired thing then its a great stock.

if your looking to put it on a carbine where your main use is going to be moving around and need a fast light rifle then its a terrible stock.

3. darkhellwolf

darkhellwolf New Member

4. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

^ huh? Do we have a language issue here?

5. powell0892

powell0892 New Member

I have been wondering the same thing.

6. darkhellwolf

darkhellwolf New Member

Looking guys I have had a spelling problem my hole life I am just asking if the UBR butt stock is good and what for and the MOE butt stock

7. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

It wasn't your spelling. It was the fact that JonM's statement was crystal yet it seemed to have been lost on you.

Read JonM's post again.

8. darkhellwolf

darkhellwolf New Member

Oh yes true mike so tell me what would you go with UBR or MOE

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Again, Jon already told you the UBR is heavy, fine for a heavy rifle and bench rest but not a LW carbine. The MOE is light and great for a lightweight AR.

Now it depends on your rifle, heavy or light...

And my choice ... lightweight and I've gone with the CTR and STR.

Spelling and grammar are important to get your point across.

10. jg3

jg3 New Member

This statement makes no sense (nothing to do with spelling!!!!!!) a member puts the effort forth to try and answer your question and you respond with a statement that makes no sense...are you asking a question?...

11. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Come on guys, give him a little slack. I have the MOE and i really like it, it works well for what i use my rifle for. I think that the UBR is a slick looking stock and i like the battery compartment that it has. I was thinking about switching to the UBR so i asked mike about it because he has one,after he told me about the weight i decided to stay with the MOE because i like my rifle to be as light as possible. I have become interested in the newer STR stock and may get one in the near future.

If you dont mind the added weight consider the UBR, if you want to keep the weight down on your rifle,get the MOE

12. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

The UBR is great for balance on a front heavy rifle, or SBR. Like a 12" with a suppressor. Overall weight is important, but so is balance and counter-balance.

13. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

What did you mention that wasn't already mentioned? JonM answered his question. It happens all to often that someone answers an OPs question yet is ignored then the thread goes on and on turning into a mess.

Nobody was jerking the kid around or insulting him. If he has a problem so be it. We are excepting of all.

14. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Maybe he needs a little re-enforcement from someone else that has experience with one of the stocks. I am fully aware that jonm answered the question, i dont need you calling me out and reminding me. I gave my 2 cents and it shouldnt matter if i shadowed some of wat jon said.

15. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Comparing MOE and UBR.. just like comparing the lowest with one of the highest end Magpul's. Should be CTR at least rather than MOE.
    Anyway i recommend at least CTR, as it has the friction lock thingy. Or the STR for a wider chubby cheek rest. ;)

16. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

I wasn't calling anyone out. You made it seem as if we were insulting the guy. We weren't. A disability is something he can't help.

The reinforcement is in the "like" system
    below everyone's avatar.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  17. darkhellwolf

darkhellwolf New Member

Thank you for ur support mike

18. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

I couldn't begin to tell you how many confrontations I've been involved in over people talking down on individuals w/ disabilities.

My favorite was back in high school. This wannabe gangster was pushing around this harmless kid. He backed off when I pushed him into a glass door. Two months latter he was arrested when he locked his keys in his trunk while putting the gun he just used to shoot up the school w/ back in it.

19. darkhellwolf

darkhellwolf New Member

Wow will I was that kid every one made fun of but I had a passion for build custom stuff like guns will it's just hard to pick stuff out for my AR

20. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I just picked up a ACS-L but havent had time to get it out and try it yet .