modified bolt stop pin for ruger mark iii's

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Thejiro, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Thejiro

Thejiro New Member

I came across this page as i was searching for easier ways to takedown my new ruger mark iii 22/45 ive already done it but required the assistance of a rubber mallett to get the bolt stop pin back in place. This seems like a good idea and was wondering if people here has tried this product or not. Here is the website scroll down a bit to get to the item im talking about.

drfrankenruger.com/mark_ii_iii_pistol_accessories

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Have not tried it. Made my own deal with the Devil- I send him all the spammers that show up here, and he showed me the trick of taking one down and putting it back without the mallet.

:p

3. Thejiro

Thejiro New Member

Lol yea i noticed that the bolt spring has a little knob on it that the bolt lock spring hits as its going back into position. Once they both wear down a bit it should be much easier to remove the bolt stop pin. Other than that its an easy gun to take down. On a side note i shot it for the first tike yesterday and man i must say its an amazing gun to shoot. I am a new shooter and i was getting like 5inch groups while i was shooting i would recommend this gun to anyone.

4. Thejiro

Thejiro New Member

Btw this isnt a spam post fir a website i legitamately would like to know if anyone has used this at all

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Sorry- did not take it to be a spam post- or I would have removed it (and sent you to join other spammers The-Devil-devil-fire-monster-smiley-emoticon-000833-large.jpg )

Part of that site has a humorous story of Bill Ruger and the devil, and the design of the 22 pistol.

Assembling the Ruger 22s has caused many a cussing, and has been kicked around here several times. Once you learn how, it is fairly easy. Have not used that product, but I think I understand how it works, and could save some cussing.

6. Thejiro

Thejiro New Member

Ok cool just making sure yea that wss my idea on the product it would make it muvh eadier to take down.

On a side nite the story is pretty funny about bill ruger and the devil