Model1sales.com & ranger sales.

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by 00possum, May 24, 2012.

1. 00possum

00possum New Member

Nobody ever used em? I want to get a upper from one of the two, or maybe the whole kit. I don't know if they are worth a dang or not. And like most I don't want to drop $400 on a piece of crap. So any reviews would be nice

2. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Depends on what you expect to get out of it.

3. 00possum

00possum New Member

A half decent hunting rifle. And occasionally run a little steel maybe 20 shots in a row at the most.

4. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

What will you be hunting?

5. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Shhhhhhh,, he's huntin wabbits...

6. 00possum

00possum New Member

Ya, and deer, and hogs, and varmints and turkey.

7. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

How do you feel about .223 5.56 on deer?

8. HotGuns

HotGuns Member

I've done several builds using Model One Sales and I have no complaints yet.

9. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

How often do they see rounds?

10. HotGuns

HotGuns Member

I've got one that I got from them in 1995 that gets shot a lot that is still going strong. Its a 10'5" upper on an SBR lower. Its accurate and I have zero issues with it.

How often? I usually go to the range at least once a week, but that is not required as I have my own range at the house. Cant say for sure, but its got more on it than most guns ever see.

11. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Cool. Do you have a round count? Maintenance history? Just trying to get a better feel for things. I have never really heard anything impressive about Model1 ARs. Most if not all of the feedback I've seen has been negative.

12. HotGuns

HotGuns Member

I have thousands of rounds through the shorty. Giving a round count would be less than honest because I honestly dont know.

The only negatives I have ever heard were about customer service, not parts. Everything that I have ordered from them has done what it was supposed to do. I have never had any issues. I've had to call a few times to get short barrelled stuff, but that was it.

I've ordered from most companies out there. I've had Bushmaster kits come without triggers, DPMS kits come without certain springs, I've had various problems with most of them at one time or another. I rekon that you can find negatives about any company if you look long enough and hard enough.

13. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

Like I said all I've ever heard was negative. I was hoping to narrow "thousands" down a little. 2k, 50k but I understand not everyone keeps track.

For the price if it were truly a viable option Model1 would be a nice AR for those looking to get into the AR game.

14. 00possum

00possum New Member

I don't have a problem with 5.56 for deer. Id probably shot about 45 rounds at the most in one week.

15. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

I know 5.56mm is illegal for deer in my state. You might want to check into that. I wont get into the ethics. That's been done plenty on the hunting boards.

16. 00possum

00possum New Member

Totally legal in Texas. Ethics, right. Im not gonna shoot them in the rear, more than likely a neck shot. I occasionally take behind the shoulder shots, I used a Winchester varmint 222 bullet on a deer's shoulder. Dropped him instantly. It blew up the shoulder once it hit bone and then stopped. No lungs or heart left, unfortunately same thing with the shoulder meat. And it was a quick and ethical death, but ethics are always in the eyes of the hunter.

17. Quentin

Quentin New Member

5.56/.223 is legal for deer in Idaho, in fact any center fire rifle. Whether it's the best choice, that's debatable.