Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I'm new to this forum but considering all the help I receive on ArcheryTalk forums I wanted to see if anyone here could help me out with my BLR issue! I recently was lucky enough to pick up a beautiful Model 81 BLR .284 rifle at a collectors estate auction. The gun is in mint condition but is missing the magazine. Since the gun was only produced for 7 years (1989-1995) I got a feeling it's gonna be hard to find a clip! I've looked on gunbroker, eBay and gunauctions but can't find one. Anyone know of anywhere else I can look?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks for looking!!

-Eric

·
Registered
337 Posts
I sent them an email but haven't heard back yet. I was thinking that since the gun is no longer produced that they probably couldn't help me out.
The do support some guns no longer made.
They do know who does if they do not.
I would call them
You can also try Wisners... they make a bunch of obsolete parts

·
Registered
6,825 Posts
Try sarco they have a lot of older model parts. Call and ask, web sight doesn't cover evrrything.

Also old western scrounger has older parts. Just thought of them.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
pabuck With the 284 mags so hard to find IF you have some mechanical skill buy a 308 based mag and open up the feed lips. There is only a .141 differnece in case width and the same lenght. Atleast its worth try'n. Might be all thats needed is the feed lips to be bent up a couple ths, or ground back .07 on each side to raise the cartidge enought to feed.
Know that it is done with rifles rechamber from 308 based cartidge to 284 based cartidges. - http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek095.html

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pabuck With the 284 mags so hard to find IF you have some mechanical skill buy a 308 based mag and open up the feed lips. There is only a .141 differnece in case width and the same lenght. Atleast its worth try'n. Might be all thats needed is the feed lips to be bent up a couple ths, or ground back .07 on each side to raise the cartidge enought to feed.
Know that it is done with rifles rechamber from 308 based cartidge to 284 based cartidges. - http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek095.html
Now that sounds like a plan Jack!!! My dad and brother both shoot BLR .308's so I can give it a whirl!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts