model 60 lady smith

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by bigdaddy, Mar 3, 2010.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy New Member

My question is this. There is a gunstore with a model 60 lady smith 357 mag 5 shot snub nose that i really like . It has everything I am looking for in a backup gun . But it is a lady smith would that keep you from buying it for yourself ? I am a six foot three 295 pound retired army man . but i really like this gun. your thoughts

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Is it pink? ;)

It's a great revolver, who cares if it says Batman...:cool:

If it really bothers you, you can always have it bead blasted which is a cool finish anyway.

You can also just buy a Model 60 and get the same gun without the Lady Smith name on it.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

The name wouldn't stop me if I liked it. Just tell everyone you like to take your lady with you. ;)

BTW, stop by the introductions forum if you don't mind. It's a meet and greet section. :)

4. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

I just looked at Glasshartt's Lady Smith 60-3 and it's a 38 special only. I have on occasion, mostly without Glasshartt's knowledge, carried her 60 when I wanted something really small. Great weapon and shoots like a dream. She has had this gun since probable 1989 or 90 and bought it at Ace Hardware :confused:. This woman can fall into a barrel of sh*t and come up with a diamond. :D

5. gadrooning

gadrooning New Member

Those are great revolvers. I'd buy it. Who knows, maybe your attackers might laugh at you and leave you alone, if not shoot the bastards.

6. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Buy it!! Who gives a damn what anyone else would think but you. If it feels good in your hand and you are comfortable with it, then carry on soldier.

I don't think you would have a problem giving someone an attitude adjustment, if you really needed too. ;)

Jack

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Most of the "Ladysmith" series of handguns have more refined (tuned) triggers. They are easier to shoot well than the standard guns of the same design. The Ladysmiths were popular with officers for back up because the are pretty sweet right out of the box.

8. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

The name wouldn't bother me if I really liked/wanted the gun. Go for it. It don't sound like you'll be insecure about the name.

9. falchunt

falchunt New Member

Do what makes you happy. It doesn't matter as long as you are comfortable with the piece. If you aren't then that is one thing, but seriously, are you doubting your OWN manhood? I doubt it...

10. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

I'm with the general concensus here... If you like it, buy it. Regardless of the name or even if it is pink and has Hello Kitty on it. If it fits your hand, is easy to carry and shoots straight, purchase it.

11. Blue2Green316

Blue2Green316 New Member

I'm with the rest of the group on this one.

Back when I first mulled over getting a 357, the 65LS was at the top of my shortlist. The name "LadySmith" had nothing to do with it for me, it was the design of the gun itself. I actually still prefer it to the 'standard' ('male'?) model 65. I'm still planning on picking one up someday.

Just my 2 cents. :)

12. MB44

MB44 New Member

All my firearms got female names,....

I'd go with the rest,...
    if you like it,.....
    get it,.....
    and name it....Lady Luck ??!! :rolleyes:

13. bigdaddy

bigdaddy New Member

Thanks everybody for the input, I have decided to go get it tonight.

14. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Picture when you get it! :cool:

15. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

If a "standard" (Male) revolver and a Lady Smith revolver were to get together, would they their babies be .22's?

16. Blue2Green316

Blue2Green316 New Member

LOL :D

I meant the standard 65 model, like the Combat Masterpiece, had no shroud on the ejector rod, while the barrel of the 65LS does.

THAT'S what I was refering to. :)

17. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Nice piece of self-promotion! LOL!

18. RonC

RonC New Member

I have a 3913 Lady Smith and it is a wonderful gun that I would never have reservations about carrying. Seems to me that the bullet exits the barrel with the same velocity as the regular 3913.

Now, that said, I will wear a pink shirt, except on me it is not pink, but salmon in color.:D

Ron

19. WDB

WDB New Member

Well if you have to use it and the bad guy says "haha your have a Lady Smith" shoot him again:eek: It's not the name of the pistol that is important it's the job the pistol will do. If it fits your need then get it.