Model 335 stuck

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by Franklin1995, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

Okay guys, i'm sorry to be such a bother, but I need some help once again. I took off the stock, took the action and everything apart, filed down the firing pin similar to how the other one is. The problem is putting it back together. I've got the hammers in place along with the springs, and I also have the rest of the trigger mechanism (not sure on the exact name) on it. The problem is that I have locked the swivels on the front that would allow the forearm to attach, and I have locked the firing pins into the position they would be at after it has been shot. I see where the pieces should go, I just don't know how to fix it. Anyone have an idea? I'll link a picture below to try and point out some of the parts I was talking about.

One last thing, I don't know how descriptive I was (if I was at all) so if anything needs clarifying, please just let me know. Thanks again

Attached Files:

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Franklin,

This can happen! What you are going to have to do is put the receiver in a vise without damaging it. Attempt to go in from the back since you have the stock off and cock the hammers. The other way that I have done it is by using a block of wood to pry the extractor levers (the 2 on the front of the Receiver so they will cock the hammers. It is not easy they are very strong but work with it. You must get the hammers cocked in order to get the forend back on.
    Hope that helps! Let us know if you need any additional help. And you are no bother! That is one of the reasons some of us are here for. To Help!

SWSinTN likes this.

3. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

I had another idea. What if I took out the hammers and attached the barrel and forearm first. Then put the hammers and springs back together and complete the assembly. Would that work?

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

No. You will not be able to compress the springs enough to get them in.

As he said up there- put the action in a padded vise, and push them back to cocked. If your command of profanity is limited, take it to a gunsmith- will not be the first one he has seen.

5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

. The Hammers once installed have a lot of spring tension when they are in the fired Position. But with them cocked that have much more and I do not think you will be able to get them reassembled due to the pressure. You might try it. But be cautious due to flying parts under the pressure! The first post is the only way I have been successful in the past.

6. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

I took it to a smith earlier and he said it was a pain in the @$$ and he didn't want to do it. Well I'll give it a shot now.

7. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

Well I tried my idea first since I don't really have a nice vice, and it worked! It was actually fairly simple to do. Just had to compress the springs as normal and put it together, then use the barrel and forearm to break it and cock it, just like it normally does. Now all I have to do is take it to the range and hope that the firing pin still works haha. Thank you guys so much for helping me restore my great grand-dads shotgun over the last couple weeks.

Attached Files: