model 1300 winchester

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by vostro, Jun 19, 2012.

1. vostro

vostro New Member

I can't ask for a better up close 12 gauge its saved my life 3 times now 1 moose and 2 bears very fast action fastest in the wourld

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Good solid design. Nice that yours has proven itself in the field.

3. akers06

akers06 New Member

One of the best pump guns ever made

4. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Very good -- people tend to forget about Winchesters these days as a result of their going out of business. But to be clear, the moose and bears where hunting YOU?

5. vostro

vostro New Member

I was hunting them wounded pissed off bull moose and 2 very suprised bears I walked into prity much they were eating a downd deer

6. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Even though Winchester isn't really around and making these anymore you can still get what is basically the same gun, now made by FN.

7. vostro

vostro New Member

But does the newer ones have a 8 round capacity and the famous quick an smooth action

8. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

Glad you were able to return home safe after your misfortune.

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The only problem with the Winchester 1300 is the limited acessories on the market. I wish they would have offered ghost ring sights, but the FN picked up where Win left off. The FN pump shotguns are fine offerings at somewhat elevated prices. I have two Winchester pump guns, an old Defender and a Ranger 120. My agency used to use them exclusively. Went to 870's when Winchester went out of business. The Remington QC went down hill so much we switched to Mossberg 590's. We will be selling off the old 1200s and 1300s soon. I plan on buying several.

10. vostro

vostro New Member

Well ill never part with my 1300 I'm gonna be picking up a small modification kit I'm hoping to get a side rail mount put on and a adjustable stock maybe a red dot of I can mc giver a top rail its still prity much stock right now